New to BA...Big city..Lonely at times and would like to meet some new people

Neeta M

Registered
Hi everyone,

I am Neeta, age 29 from Trinidad. I moved to Buenos Aires approximately one month ago so I am very new to this big city :eek:

I have basically taken a sabbatical year from my job in Trinidad (Risk Analyst working for an Oil and Gas Company ) to move to South America to volunteer with underprivileged children. This year is about me bringing together 3 passions: A passion for teaching, a passion for working with children and a passion for traveling and learning new cultures. ( Me trying to figure " ME" out before I return to the cop orate world)
So far, I have started some spanish classes and I am trying my best to catch up with the language as this is hindering me from volunteering in the way I would like to help, such as working directly with children.
I am taking it one day at a time. In the meantime, apart from attending Spanish Classes, I have been doing a lot of site seeing by myself.

I would love to meet some people here in BA. I have met 1 friend here who speaks little English..and whereas it is good to practice my VERY BROKEN Spanish with her, it is also very difficult to connect or talk about life.

It would be great to connect and socialize with some people that are experiencing the same thing that I am going through. It's a big city! And I just want to meet up to share a cup of coffee or do activities like site seeing, theaters, tango lessons etc.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up !

Cheers,

Neeta

Hiya Neeta,

I would be happy to meet up with you, if you like. My mum's from Grenada, so I know a bit about Trinidad. My wife's from Argentina, although she lived in London for quite a few years.

Maybe you'd like to meet up with us and a few of our friends. We all speak English - even the Argentine ones :)

Well, let me know and maybe we can arrange something.

Take care for now,
Sean

Hi Sean! This would be great! Highly appreciated to meet some new folks!

My email is [email protected]

I can send you my phone contacts from there if you send your email? And we shall arrange?

Regards,

Neeta

Hi there.
I'm game! I have just arrived a week ago and have a lot of free time during the day. If you'd like to meet for a coffee or something just let me know.
Rx

Great! Send me an email so we can organize.

I move into my new apartment on Thursday so after this?

Looking forward to connecting!

Neeta

Hello Neeta,
I will be moving in a few months and would love to meet and discover the city. Would love to try tango classes as well. Best of luck and hope to meet you soon.

Hi, Neeta! Welcome to Buenos Aires!

I'd love to meet for some coffee or drinks and maybe plan some sightseeing as well:) I've been living here for a while now, but still haven't connected very much :(

Inbox me if you're up to something!
xx

Back