new to the board.. bored

fuccolini

Registered
fuccolini here, from philly and been living in mendoza for 18 months. new to the ba expats site to glean some info. hope thats ok, cheers

You will glean allot of useful info. Like ....the pizza sucks, I'm stupid enough to pay my rent in dollars where can get dollars, electronics are really expensive and most of them suck, we were robbed by the police, held up by a taxi driver and had the camera stolen by a guy on bike, our maid is suing us for 5 years salary because we fired her for stealing, and there is dog shit everywhere. Oh yeah and then there's "we live in Cap Fed and have 3 children that need to be educated in a school that teaches in Urdu and English on even days and only teaches evolution as creationism and teaches math under water."? can someone suggest one of these schools our budget is 100 pesos per semester?

Not for nothing, fuccolini, but nobody I ever met from the US, especially "Philly" uses the word "cheers" for anything other than something they say before pounding down a few brewskis with some buds or perhaps a glass of wine with his/her main squeeze. You sure you're not from London?

man i've always wanted to go to the UK i loves me scotch n all, but yeah maybe all the brits n commonwealth english speakers are rubbing off on me out here in expatlandia. i've spent many years abroad and that just may be it... plus all this euro 2012 football talk!

fuccolini said:
man i've always wanted to go to the UK i loves me scotch n all, but yeah maybe all the brits n commonwealth english speakers are rubbing off on me out here in expatlandia. i've spent many years abroad and that just may be it... plus all this euro 2012 football talk!

For scotch you need to go to Scotland. In England you'll find warm, flat beer. And what I'd give for a pint of that stuff now (well not actually now cos it's 8am but you know what I mean :) And there'll be plenty imbibed when England (cough) win Euro 2012 (cough) by beating Spain in the final (cough, cough, cough)

Wishing you all the best

ghost said:
You will glean allot of useful info. Like ....the pizza sucks, I'm stupid enough to pay my rent in dollars where can get dollars, electronics are really expensive and most of them suck, we were robbed by the police, held up by a taxi driver and had the camera stolen by a guy on bike, our maid is suing us for 5 years salary because we fired her for stealing, and there is dog shit everywhere. Oh yeah and then there's "we live in Cap Fed and have 3 children that need to be educated in a school that teaches in Urdu and English on even days and only teaches evolution as creationism and teaches math under water."? can someone suggest one of these schools our budget is 100 pesos per semester?

Settling in nicely then Ghost?

Back