New To The Group And Needs Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold it.....In Cap Fed you will find all of the major US and multinational Ad Agencies. And they are doing allot of the English based work for NY, London and LA shops that desire great creative at reduced rates. They hire English speakers and English speaking copy writers.
It's a hell of allot better than trying to teach English.

Correct. Written English here leaves much to be desired. Even the one English language paper we have, the Buenos Aires Herald, appears most often to be written using Google Translate. There are other options in English besides teaching.

No matter what job you decide to take most people recommend that you come with 6 month's of savings.

Writing in English is important but thinking and concepting in English will get you the interview. Prepare your book and get ready to wow em with the way you think and concept. Be Don Draper in a skirt.

oh...I would think native speakers should be proud that another person from another side of the world was able to master his/her language. English is already a universal language in this day and age and I hope my country of origin would not permit me from teaching it there.

Many Argentinos' favorite pastime is pointing out the flawed English of their countrymen, no matter how bad is their own. I'm sure they would be happy to do the same to anyone for whom English is a second language.

If you stick with teaching English, this FB group could be helpful. Most of them are Argentines teaching English (non-native speakers).
I agree with the comments that say that teaching English as a non-native is not a great idea, at least in Buenos Aires where there is plenty of native in English speakers and of non-native English teachers, already.

Personally, I wouldn't pay to attend English classes taken by a non-native English speaker. I never had native English teachers during my education and I now have big big difficulties with pronunciation and listening. I so wish I was exposed to native English speakers earlier! It is very hard for me to try and correct my terrible pronunciation now.

Plus, I really miss getting feedback - I wrote citizien instead of citizen for years and nobody ever corrected me! I wonder how many things I say that make no sense to an English native speaker every time I am uttering something in their language! Nonetheless, it was a big effort that is paying off because I get to meet people from around the world and with different background, and this wouldn't have been possible without a good command of the language.

sleslie23, let me use your picked word "preposition" correctly.

Buenos Aires is a place I should like to go to, but perhaps not, in fear of someday encountering a sarcastic demon like you..

Anyone correct me if I have written it incorrectly ?And all said, if you are not a "native English speaker" you do not qualify to judge me.

if you are not a "native English speaker" you do not qualify to judge me.

But the question is, how do we know that the native speaker holding the passport of a English speaking country actually went to school or grew on the streets.

Would you want to be judged by a native speaker, who grew up on the streets of his *esteemed* country?

But the question is, how do we know that the native speaker holding the passport of a English speaking country actually went to school or grew on the streets.

Would you want to be judged by a native speaker, who grew up on the streets of his *esteemed* country?

Ceviche, there are schools in the hoods too. I have come across a super salesperson, whom spoke very nice and convincing English
so impressive that made me ask him, which school did you go to? His answer, he dropped out of middle high & never finishing it!

Sorry to tell you this. In this city there seems to be an English school in every corner. If there is one thing that we do not need here is another English teacher. An exotic dancer may have a better chance to find a job here. Good luck anyway!!

Sorry to tell you this. In this city there seems to be an English school in every corner. If there is one thing that we do not need here is another English teacher. An exotic dancer may have a better chance to find a job here. Good luck anyway!!
The streets are full of exotic dancers. They are everywhere. Male, Female and Tranny. What BA needs is 10 honest cops. And 1 honest politician. And 1 good pizzeria.

The streets are full of exotic dancers. They are everywhere. Male, Female and Tranny. What BA needs is 10 honest cops. And 1 honest politician. And 1 good pizzeria.

And 1 place selling maple syrup and kale for our fellow expats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back