New Trains To Tigre

Este Tren, es el regalado de los Chinos a la Argentina?
I have seen this train, the inside is just like the train in China, If it's from China, it's the earlier version
of the Chinese train, but built a little more sturdy. I have to say, this train is a lot better than the San Francisco BART trains.
For 40 years, SF still uses the same old train, which is reliable but old. I think some east coast city (Boston) bought
a few hundred CHinese trains.

It's pretty hard to compare new to something 40 years in service.

I haven't heard of China selling trains to the US (if so it would be another irony as the US used to be the unsurpassed leader in the railway industry!) though I know that they are trying to interest California in high speed rail. The problem is that the Chinese rail industry is outrageously corrupt (the New Yorker did an extensive piece some time ago about the inefficiency and corruption of the state sponsored industry). There have been many accidents due to the great rush to expand service, the failure to ensure safety and the vast amounts of money earmarked for rail projects that have been stolen by bureaucrats). It's true that the new Chinese trains are better than what they replaced, but they would be far better had they been manufactured in France, Germany, or Spain. Argentina could create its own rail manufacturing industry but despite repeated exp<b></b>ressions of enthusiasm for rail passenger service (Nestor often spoke about his determination to revive rail passenger service), the Kirchners have done little to improve the situation. Of the coastal trains, service to Mar del Plata has been reduced to something like two trains a day. Pinamar service, revived by Duhalde when he was governor of BA Province, has not run for years under the Kirchners. I assume the trucking unions have had something to say about intercity rail service.

Sergio, Boston bought a few hundred Chinese trains, here is the link http://www.bloomberg...ina-trains.html
They have done their homework, unfortunately, the Chinese train is a better option than the French and German trains, it beats me too.

Chinese trains tend to be less safe, but under the spec by US companies and inspected US staff, they think it's the best option. And the new SF Bay Bride is pretty much made in China too, had they used the US steel, it would have cost a lot more of tax payers dinero and drag another 10 years more. It's sad, US does not produce trains anymore, and it does not have much $$$ either.

By the way, I heard from an insider that the blue rate went down is due to the arrival of the dollars from Chinese government, not
due to the government crackdown of the street changers, and that makes sense.

I was thinking commuter rail in Boston and not subways however I shouldn't be surprised that the Chinese are taking over the rail industry! I'd rather pay more tax $ and revive an American industry that used to be the best in the world. Same for Argentina, as I said. Oh well.....

US is not interested in the train business. But it's good to have high speed trains in US. The airfare is much lower if the high speed trains go to the same places in China. It will take forever for California high speed raid to complete.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-11-25/will-china-build-indias-first-high-speed-rail

Even the Brits knows and aknowledge quality, they could have gone the cheaper way ala Chinese trins but......Hitachi built trains are
way more superior. Craftmanship,safety,and low maintanance into the future. Japan's Bullet train "shinkansen" 50 years ongoing no accidents so far. High tech cost but worth it..
Kudos to England for capable decision..Cheers Brits !

It will cost an eye-watering £32billion, but the proposed high-speed rail project along the length of the country is being seen as 'a once-in-a-generation opportunity to transform the way we travel in Britain'.
The proposal is set to get the go-ahead today from ministers, setting in motion a plan to build the first phase from London to Birmingham through some of the south's most beautiful countryside.
The project, expected to be completed by 2026, will see trains travelling at 225mph, cutting the journey time between the two cities to just 49 minutes.
article-2084668-0F66897D00000578-423_468x286.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2084668/HS2-high-speed-rail-set-ahead-despite-opposition.html

Back