New York or Miami for shopping

PhilipDT said:
EZE-IAH
EZE-EWR
EZE-IAD

On a daily basis, all at night as well.
Actually EZE-IAD doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced with EZE-EWR, same flight numbers though 846 & 847.

Also while both UA flights are on 767's the EWR one is a 3 class plane, with Economy plus in coach, and it also has the new C & F seats which are both fully flat beds, while the IAH one is a 2 class plane with "Recliners" in C, though it is set to be upgraded this year, and no economy plus until it gets upgraded later this year.

Being from South Florida.. I despise Miami. I'm from the Ft. Lauderdale area. Sawgrass Mall is a good place to shop. However it is no longer an outlet mall (I worked there) They do have some good outlet stores that I loved to shop at but a lot of the mall is just regualr stores. The last time I was there they had most of the designer stores and I highly recamen you get tehre the minute the mall opens because it gets so busy you have no where to walk and it's a huge mall. Aventura is a nice mall to but pricey. Sawgrass is definitly all tourists. 1 day the River Plate team came into the store I worked at to shop. They were playing Boca that night in Miami lol. I would only suggest S. Florida for the weather and beach to add to your shopping, otherwise I would choose NY.

Thanks again everyone for your helpful pointers. NY it is and she has booked her tickets.

Have you considered LAN? I always fly with them, they have the best service and price. I have tried all off them (American usually connects with LAN), and LAN is my favorite, although I always do NY-Cordoba, Arg.

I agree that LAN is the best option available to the US but as she left it too late the flights were around US$500 more expensive than AA. However she will still earn OW miles with AA that can be used at a later date on LAN.

NomadInBA said:
A massive thanks for all the great input.

On a side note: When flying to the states who offers the better service between United and American? There is very little difference in price.

I used to prefer United, but with the recent merger between United and Continental I've found the service lacking. I was on hold for an hour and a half when I called in a couple weeks ago. I'm flying American this next time.

Hi Phillip. United discontinued the service to Dulles unfortunately. No more EZE-IAD
You are right about Newark, they just started the non stop service. It used to be via IAH before.

Greg2231 said:
Actually EZE-IAD doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced with EZE-EWR, same flight numbers though 846 & 847.

Also while both UA flights are on 767's the EWR one is a 3 class plane, with Economy plus in coach, and it also has the new C & F seats which are both fully flat beds, while the IAH one is a 2 class plane with "Recliners" in C, though it is set to be upgraded this year, and no economy plus until it gets upgraded later this year.

Hi Phillip. United discontinued the service to Dulles unfortunately. No more EZE-IAD
You are right about Newark, they just started the non stop service. It used to be via IAH before.

Back