New Zealander charged with drug trafficking

perry

Registered
This is a very interesting case of a New Zealand public servant who was apparently duped into picking up a package from Buenos Aires to deliver to London for her Argentinian cyber lover .

I have read a lot on this case and personally believe that she is innocent even though I am horrified by her naivety and blind trust in others. I like to hear from other readers their opinions on this case.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4931978/Drug-accused-former-civil-servant-hits-headlines

perry said:
This is a very interesting case of a New Zealand public servant who was apparently duped into picking up a package from Buenos Aires to deliver to London for her Argentinian cyber lover .

I have read a lot on this case and personally believe that she is innocent even though I am horrified by her naivety and blind trust in others. I like to hear from other readers their opinions on this case.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4931978/Drug-accused-former-civil-servant-hits-headlines

I have posted often about taking things abroad for others, and been called all sorts of names for my attitude. This just illustrates my point.

My intuition is that she is innocent. I know of a case like this that happened a few years ago involving an American woman. The NZ woman was probably lonely and attracted to a seductive man who manipulated her. People will do crazy things when romance and emotions are involved. On the bright side, Argentina is rather liberal about punishment for drug offenses. She won't end up in prison for the rest of her life as she might in some countries. I hope she can prove her innocence, assuming she is innocent. What she did, if she was innocent, was really foolish -- picking up documents for a person she hadn't met -- but people can do dumb things.

sergio said:
My intuition is that she is innocent. I know of a case like this that happened a few years ago involving an American woman. The NZ woman was probably lonely and attracted to a seductive man who manipulated her. People will do crazy things when romance and emotions are involved. On the bright side, Argentina is rather liberal about punishment for drug offenses. She won't end up in prison for the rest of her life as she might in some countries. I hope she can prove her innocence, assuming she is innocent. What she did, if she was innocent, was really foolish -- picking up documents for a person she hadn't met -- but people can do dumb things.

She might be but I remember reading(couldn't find it) that when she was arrested she also possessed several ID's in multiple names(sounds a bit suspicious).

I found a reference to the multiple ID's.

knight.gif

Re: Ex-public servant in cocaine smuggling arrest
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 11:28:01 am »

mmmmmmm maybe shes not a sweet as we are being lead to believe ... ?

Armstrong carrying multiple driver's licences - report

A New Zealand woman arrested in Argentina last week after trying to board a plane with a suitcase containing 5kg of cocaine is refusing to comment on reports she was carrying four driver's licences.

Sharon Armstrong, a former Maori Language Commission deputy chief executive, was arrested on April 13 after Buenos Aires Airport police allegedly found the cocaine hidden in her suitcase.

Ms Armstrong told Radio New Zealand she had seen a lawyer and expected to make her first court appearance next week, rather than overnight (NZT) as previously reported.

She refused to comment on reports she was carrying four driver's licences when she was arrested.

"I cant say anything about any of that... I just don't think I am in a position to be able to talk about any of that at this stage," she said.

http://xtranewscommunity2.smfforfree.com/index.php?topic=9497.0

The article states that she just wanted her to pick up some documents for him, well since when has picking up documents consisted of carrying a duffle bag weighing approximately 6 kilos and carrying 4 driver's licenses? Not only that, but she refuses to comment on the circumstances. Again all very fishy, but who knows for sure...

There's a program called Locked Up Abroad on the National Geographic channel that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and depicts true stories like these that have occurred in different cities around the world. There are also some variations, but for the most part it's about how drug mules get caught smuggling drugs from foreign countries and have to spend time in the local jails. Awesome Awesome Awesome show that'll make you think twice about carrying that extra bag for a friend. I'm in the US now so you might have to use a server in Argentina, but here's the link to watch the episodes. ENJOY!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/videos/feeds/cv-seo/Full-Episodes/Locked-Up-Abroad/

Back