Newbie ? Can I Get Dollars Out Of My Us Acct While In Ba

paulpaez

Registered
Should have been paying attention before I got here, but is there a way to get dollars in Argentina from my US bank account. Last time I was here, I remember using the cash machines and getting peso's. Didn't matter then, but apparently, now, the "blue" rate is extremely favorable.

Thanks.

Ditto on the "no".

You are best off hopping over to Colonia to get your dollars out and then, when you need argentine pesos, sell them to a cueva at the blue rate.

my bad. thanks, although the idea of going to uruguay, might work. Thanks

Hi,

I have one question: in case I cannot get dollars with my debit card (which is not in dollars, but euros instead), is it possible to buy dollars in casa de cambio in Uruguay using the withdrawn Uruguayan pesos?

thanks

NickBA: Thanks for the XOOM suggestion. The exchange rate is 8.35; which is not bad at all.

Right now, it's better to go to Montevideo to withdraw USDs, the situation in Colonia is too hectic actually (20/30 people waiting, ATMs often broken or empty, etc.)

Xoom would be a solution for me, but I'm not from the US, and it doesn't accept foreign (non-US) credit cards nor bank accounts.
Does anyone know about something similar but without this restriction?

For now my only option is to use ATMs, and it is just like I'm robbed every day.

Back