Newbie From La

HowardR

Registered
Hi all,

I'm headed down to BA shortly -- to explore the town, learn Spanish, maybe teach English. I'm bringing my guitars (jazz, blues, old standards). I'm a teacher/writer from Los Angeles, originally Venice/Santa Monica.

Look forward to meeting y'all. This website is a great resource.

Howard

Hi all,

I'm headed down to BA shortly -- to explore the town, learn Spanish, maybe teach English. I'm bringing my guitars (jazz, blues, old standards). I'm a teacher/writer from Los Angeles, originally Venice/Santa Monica.

Howard

The "y'all" sounds more like Louisiana than Los Angeles.

Hi all,

Howard
Man I miss Venice beach, right there off Rose st., my spot at the beach for yearsssss

Welcome to BA.

One comment Argentina has other options besides BA , consider Rosario, Cordoba, and also Mar del Plata where life is easier and more enjoyable. :D

Welcome to BA.

One comment Argentina has other options besides BA , consider Rosario, Cordoba, and also Mar del Plata where life is easier and more enjoyable. :D

I might disagree with that. Mar del Plata, especially, is hell in summer.

Man I miss Venice beach, right there off Rose st., my spot at the beach for yearsssss

I know Rose Avenue well! I grew up on Brooks Av, 6 blocks to the south. The beach was more fun back then -- we had beatniks and our own local Disneyland called Pacific Ocean Park.

Back