News Laws Regarding Buying Beer/Bar's "Last Call"

NikBaires

Registered
I'm somewhat in the dark and irritated by new laws regarding what hours you can buy beer/alcohol and the new laws regarding entering a bar/club by 4AM?

Anyone know the details on these or simply just want to bitch about them?

The four am law is more than a year old and not very strictly followed

PhilipDT said:
The four am law is more than a year old and not very strictly followed
I thought it was a law more targeted towards the provincias.

I thought the law was no alcohol after 5:00 am.

When I was there a few months ago, it was sort of followed. Bars would start "closing down" around 4:45 am but if you were already inside, especially on an upstairs or underground level, they would usually keep serving you until 6:00 am. The 24/7 pizzerias at Plaza Italia and next to the major train stations always sold alcohol no matter what hour, even with cops standing right outside in front.

yeah this law happened about a year ago when i first moved here, it was that you couldn't enter a boliche past 4 a.m. and no alchohol could be served past 5 but I don't see that being too strictly enforced anymore. Although when the law was new it was a sad moment trying to order a beer in plaza serrano at 5.15am when it was the waitress who told us about the new law!

I must be getting old - I'm home and in bed well before 4 am anyway!

I'm worse off - I can never remember where I am or what I was doing by 4am because I'm too drunk and/or passed out :) lol

Back