Next Dinner: April 1st - PozoSanto (Peruvian)

igor

Administrator

Our next dinner will be on Wednesday, April 1st at 9PM at PozoSanto Peruvian Restaurant, El Salvador 4968, Palermo.
Price is 80 pesos per person (menu is below, the price does not include wine/drinks).

To RSVP please send an email to [email protected] or post a reply to this thread.

There is a recent review of this restaurant on Saltshaker:

http://www.saltshaker.net/20090315/lost-opportunity-2

Pericles shared his experiences in a parallel thead:

http://baexpats.org/newcomers-forum/4262-fantastic-peruvian-dinner.html

Also check this presentation of chef (in Spanish).

Pozo Santo Buenos Aires

Hope to see you there!

---

MENU

(may be some kind soul familiar with peruvian food can translate it to english :) )

1 "Pisco Sour" (Welcome Drink)

Entrada de Degustaciones (Appetizers):

• Tiradito de lenguado
  • Causa de Langostinos
  • Ecabeche de Pescado
Fondos a elegir (Main dishes):

• Lomo Saltado al pisco quebranta
  • Seco de Cordero y su polenta de Quinua
  • Pesca del dia con encebollado al Maracuya
Postres a elegir (Desserts):

• Suspiros a la limeña
  • Tres Leches y frutos del bosque
  • Picarones (Buñuelos limeños)
Translated
Entrada de Degustaciones (Appetizers):
  • Tiradito de lenguado = marinated lenguado, a type of ceviche, I believe its one with a oil & lime-based sauce
  • Causa de Langostinos = when I any sort of causa in Lima, it was layers of cooked potatoes, meat, and sauce. Here’s a good photo: http://www.cocinarica.com/2008/11/recetas-causa-de-camarones.html.
  • Ecabeche de Pescado = fish filet sautéed with onions, carrots, garlic in an oil & vinegar sauce.

Fondos a elegir (Main dishes):

• Lomo Saltado al pisco quebranta = diced beef & vegetables sautéed in a pisco-based sauce, usually reflects the influence of Asian cuisine on Peru
  • Seco de Cordero y su polenta de Quinua = lamb stew with polenta made with Quinua, a Peruvian grain
  • Pesca del dia con encebollado al Maracuya = fish of the day in a passionfruit-based soup, never had it so I’m not sure what to expectJ

Postres a elegir (Desserts):
  • Suspiros a la limeña = a lime custard with a meringue topping, its usually very different than flan.
  • Tres Leches y frutos del bosque = ‘3 milk cake’ with tropical fruits. Its usually a wonderfully moist and sweet cake.
  • Picarones (Buñuelos limeños) = a fritter or donut, apparently lime-flavored, a variation I’ve never tried.

I like to update this announcement and say that there are still some available seats.

Anybody who has not been to one of our dinners must come to this one as it will end up being the best one we have had.

Also in regards to the price its a great deal for one of the most expensive Peruvian restaurants in Buenos Aires. Normally the same meal is 150 pesos per head but PozoSanto has given Ba Expats this excellent dinner at nearly half the price.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Thanks for setting up this dinner last night! The food was great and we enjoyed the company and meeting new friends.

Back