Next Dinner: March 4th - Cocina Sunae (Southeast Asian)

igor

Administrator
Our next dinner will be on Thursday, March 4th at 9PM at Cocina Sunae Restaurant in Colegiales. The food is a wonderful mix of the best of Asian cuisine with an emphasis on vietnamese food.

1st Course
Fried Wontons
pork and beef wontons served with a thai sweet chili dipping sauce

2nd Course
Goi Cuon
fresh vietnamese summer rolls filled with shrimp, pork, mint, cilantro, rice noodles and carrots served with a peanut dipping sauce

3rd Course – Entrees
Choice of:
Gaeng Gung
chicken red curry with coconut milk, grapes, cherry tomatoes, bamboo and served with steamed rice
or
Pad Thai
traditional thai rice noodles sauteed with prawns, tamarind, peanuts, eggs and served with bean sprouts and lemon

4th Course
Dessert
vietnamese banana puff served with homemade green tea ice cream

Price is 85 pesos per person (the price includes all soft drinks free but wine or beer at a charge ).
Exact location will be provided with reservation

To RSVP please send an email to [email protected] or post a reply to this thread.

Hope to see you there!

Restaurant website: http://www.cocinasunae.blogspot.com/
Guia Oleo reviews: http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=6477

We've been to this puerta cerrada before, extremely good food, the chef is wonderful. If you can't make this event do go another time. They also allow bottles to brought along if you wish to bring your own wine, or did when our group went...

How many people are expected to attend this event? And do you all have dinner events frequently? I've been in BA for 6 months now, but am a newcomer to baexpats. I'm defenitely interested in going if it's going to be a good turnout.

Thanks!
Jarrod

We're new as well and very interested in coming to meet lots of other expats. One thread said "limited' seating. What is the limit? Usually, the more the merrier!

Hi guys I was at a dinner there last week and it was excellent and the food yummy . There will be seating for 20 people only and we have 11 bookings. There are 9 seats left .The dinners are always a great mix of older and younger expats and they are always lively affairs.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Tell you what, count me in! Is there anything else I should do to make my reservation? And is there anyone I should reference once I arrive at the restaurant?

Look forward to seeing you guys there!
Jarrod

Hi

Please add two more diners to the list. Sil and I look forward to our first expat get-together.

Cheers
Mark

I've been 3 times and even had my birthday party this last October. (I rented out the joint.) The food is amazing. And I'm sending my former neighbor in the States and her two friends there when they come through town.

I do think that "I'll go if there are going to be a lot of people" thing is kind of funny, because if all of those groups go, then not only will there "be a lot of people", but it will probably sell out. But if all of them don't, then it might not quite fill up. Just funny logic. It's kind of like needing a DNI to get a bank account, but needing a bank account to get a DNI... but not exactly.

:p

Room for 1 more person,count me in for dinner March 4th
Sounds Great!

Back