Next Official Devaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.
kicillof%2Bministro.gif

I am not an economist(and often the ones I know or hear are much more off of what I predict!)
However, I was watching a panel with "respected Argentine economists" from Cronista, Ambito, etc and they all predict an approx 20% OFFICIAL devaluation of the peso in January or maybe February. 1 usd at 10ARS is what what discussed.

Any thoughts?
I am not an economist(and often the ones I know or hear are much more off of what I predict!)
However, I was watching a panel with "respected Argentine economists" from Cronista, Ambito, etc and they all predict an approx 20% OFFICIAL devaluation of the peso in January or maybe February. 1 usd at 10ARS is what what discussed.

Any thoughts?
That means blue will move again.

High inflation is terrible for an economy - there are so many case studies to prove it the fact this Government believes it's ok to run with 30%+ year on year is ridiculous in itself. Not only that the central bank is dictated to by what the Government wants - this is also a policy that has never worked.

I agree that high inflation is very problematic for the society in general, and for the economy in particular. No one heres defending inflation, I dont believe the government wants inflation -its just a side effect of their errors. For instance, lack of investment is one, the main, cause of inflation, expanding the monetary base without absorbing the demand.

But as I said, these last three months inflation rate is lower, something like 1% per month, a little more perhaps, due recession. We are having a very calm December compared to other years.

Pesos used to pay planes sociales, subsidios, etc etc Medidas populistas!

I agree that high inflation is very problematic for the society in general, and for the economy in particular. No one heres defending inflation, I dont believe the government wants inflation -its just a side effect of their errors. For instance, lack of investment is one, the main, cause of inflation, expanding the monetary base without absorbing the demand.

But as I said, these last three months inflation rate is lower, something like 1% per month, a little more perhaps, due recession. We are having a very calm December compared to other years.

That is interesting I heard something along those lines the other night. I was having dinner with a few friends over here. And well the Argiss were discussing where the opportunities are going to be after the K clan finishes wiping out the country. They were laughing saying it is money in the bank we just have wait for the doors to open.

It wont be a devaluation, not this year, not next one. Get use to a subsidize dollar.
I agree, they are burning everything they can, emptying public retirement funds, printing money like crazy, altering all statistics, and borrowing money at whatever interest... they just want to be done, and the next administration is going to have to take the real measures. They cannot even face the political cost of their mistakes. Lilke the rats they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back