nice gal/mom coming next week for 4 months!

sharoneag

Registered
hi all! my name's sharon, i'n 28, from new jersey and i'm coming to b.a. next week for four months. my boyfriend, marcelo is from b.a. we have a 10 month old are coming to intro him to marcelo's family, get married, and just spend some time. perhaps see if this is a place i could potentially live but for now we're trying it for four months. i'm excited but super nervous as i don't speak much spanish and his family speaks zero english. looking to meet some folks on here to meet up with, to have people to actually talk to! i'm gonna try my best to learn spanish but for now it's not the same. to meet people with kids would be amazing. as for me, love food, love the drink, awful reality tv and baking.(bringing down some skippy peanut butter which i can't live without) but can't wait to chow down on some sugus and empanadas humitas. and plan my wedding! i have a month and a half! as i have told my family a date and they're coming!
anyhow, hope this is a nice forum to meet people and looking forward to arriving and meeting some new people!

I dont know how much you have planned already but be advised it is not as easy as in the states. Your docs will have to be translated and notarized and etc.. etc.. The wife and I were going to do it here and after finding out all the hassle and amount of time it would take to have everything done we went to the US and married with much less hassle. We then came back and had a big party and gathering for friends and family here.

HI Sharoneag

Welcome to BA. Would be great to hang out if you fancy it. Private Message me if you wanna meet up (yours seems to be turned off). I'm 34 from London and been here 4 months.

thanks hannstew. do you mean just getting married legally or throwing an actual event? i don't plan to do it legally in b.a. rather a religious ceremony down there then do the official business when we get back.

barbarella-how do i set up so i'm able to receive private messages?

I mean just getting married legally.. We went to the JP in the US for the legal part and had our party with a friend play a judge for the false ceramony and reading our vows to each other for the Argentine side of the celibrartion.

sharoneag said:
barbarella-how do i set up so i'm able to receive private messages?

Im not actually sure. I've had a look in my profile and ill keep looking. However I think if you go to my post and click on my name it will give you the option to send me a message :0)

Back