Night Robbery Went Sour

Bajo talks of these lawless ruffians can be incarcerated for many years but they always let go off into the streets often too early.
When this occurs, then have mercy on the Katana swinging Samurai, cause his ass will be a toast. The perpetrators will be there
to collect on the inflicted wounds!

Bajo talks of these lawless ruffians can be incarcerated for many years but they always let go off into the streets often too early.
When this occurs, then have mercy on the Katana swinging Samurai, cause his ass will be a toast. The perpetrators will be there
to collect on the inflicted wounds!

Really that is a scary thought because even if he relocates in Argentina you cannot change your name and personal information in Argentina is very accessible even on the Internet.

What about the young Bajo?

There was a gang of street kids, from approximately 13 to 17 years of age, somewhere around 10 of them, that were apprehended after a robbery in Retiro near my old apartment near the corner of Juncal and Basavilbaso. Two PFA patrol cars, 4-5 officers were involved. The kids were sitting on the ground lined up in front of our building with their hands cuffed behind their backs. Each kid had a cell phone laid out by on the ground by them. The phones would ring and the officers would answer the phones and talk on them for a minute. I couldn't hear what they were saying.

They were down there for some 2-3 hours at least. Every once in awhile I would go out on my balcony and look down to see what was going on. The number of kids dwindled over those few hours until at one point I looked out and everyone was gone.

Later in the evening, I went out and on the way stopped to ask my portero what had happened earlier. It was then he told me about the robbery and the apprehension of the kids. I asked him what took the cops so long to get the kids over to the lockup? I hadn't actually seen any of them leave in my peeps over the balcony so I had assumed that they were being taken a couple at a time to the police station about two blocks from my apartment (I had no idea if there was a lockup there or not). My portero chuckled and said no, the police didn't take them, they were waiting for their parents to come get them.

That doesn't seem to me to be a way to discourage people from committing robbery. I doubt anything happened to them afterward, and my portero, who'd been portero there since the 70s and had planted the trees on the other side of the street back then, sure didn't think anything would happen to them.

And then of course there is the goon who had been in jail, let out, and tried to rob a Canadian tourist on camera and was let go.

Then there is the guy, a drummer of some sort in a band (or was he a drummer for Vatayón Militante to tap out rythms, don't remember), who had immolated his girlfriend, who died, and before he even had a trial was seen let out on some sort of prisoner social integration program to attend Kirchner rallies, over-extended the allowed stay (overnight and away from where he was supposed to be). He wasn't the only one who had such privileges, just the highest profile.

I know people get arrested and put in jail, but an awful lot of them seem to not make it into the system.

Children before 16 cannot be takeb to jail. If at the police station they don't hace a facility separated from adults, they cannot arrest them. This is lije that after the "Bulacio" case where a teen died after the cops hit him.

However, this has nothing to do with the criminals who where cut with the samurai swords.

Regarding the other idiot who burned alive his girlfriend. In a civilized country jail has a duty, to help you to become a useful citizen while in a puritan society it is thete to punish. He has the righr to do something useful in jail instead of doibg a PHD in crime. But it doesn't mean he is not goubg to spend a looooooong time there.

Really that is a scary thought because even if he relocates in Argentina you cannot change your name and personal information in Argentina is very accessible even on the Internet.

You have a weird way to think.
I believe, instead, that they are going to pee in bed every time they gave a nightmare with the Samurai Coirdobes

For peopke who is not psicologically trained, a real fight with swords included might be super traumatic.

The insecurity issue here is no joke...
Before we put up rejas my house was burglarized, the "chorros" ( most likely "ratas" in this robbery ) hacked my Facebook account and uploaded videos of the "Los Wachiturros" on my Facebook and rediculed us....got some stuff back 4 months later.

I've had 2 or 3 "close calls" on the street.....each time in broad daylight LOL. My wife has as well....a few incidents, luckily nothing happened but it was close. I have some friends that were robbed at gunpoint in front of their home "twice" in 2 weeks, and also another friend who's house was robbed during a very violent home invasion in which he resisted: got shot twice in the leg and once in the back... 5 months later from the window of a collectivo riding down the avenue, he saw one of the guys who attacked him on the street with two "pibas" heading towards a popular "bolichazo" LOL....so typical here..

I've been really concerned about crime here,,,,especially the lastr few years or so, it's really gotten bad, worse as I've ever seen it and I've been here some years. I have a 2 year old so it's disconcerting to say the least. I also don't think that hoping that "Macri" or "Massa" getting elected is going to change things .. LOL

It "la falopa facil" and the cartel and gang lifestyle that's turning things sour in Argentina...

What about the young Bajo?

There was a gang of street kids, from approximately 13 to 17 years of age, somewhere around 10 of them, that were apprehended after a robbery in Retiro near my old apartment near the corner of Juncal and Basavilbaso. Two PFA patrol cars, 4-5 officers were involved. The kids were sitting on the ground lined up in front of our building with their hands cuffed behind their backs. Each kid had a cell phone laid out by on the ground by them. The phones would ring and the officers would answer the phones and talk on them for a minute. I couldn't hear what they were saying.

They were down there for some 2-3 hours at least. Every once in awhile I would go out on my balcony and look down to see what was going on. The number of kids dwindled over those few hours until at one point I looked out and everyone was gone.

Later in the evening, I went out and on the way stopped to ask my portero what had happened earlier. It was then he told me about the robbery and the apprehension of the kids. I asked him what took the cops so long to get the kids over to the lockup? I hadn't actually seen any of them leave in my peeps over the balcony so I had assumed that they were being taken a couple at a time to the police station about two blocks from my apartment (I had no idea if there was a lockup there or not). My portero chuckled and said no, the police didn't take them, they were waiting for their parents to come get them.

That doesn't seem to me to be a way to discourage people from committing robbery. I doubt anything happened to them afterward, and my portero, who'd been portero there since the 70s and had planted the trees on the other side of the street back then, sure didn't think anything would happen to them.

And then of course there is the goon who had been in jail, let out, and tried to rob a Canadian tourist on camera and was let go.

Then there is the guy, a drummer of some sort in a band (or was he a drummer for Vatayón Militante to tap out rythms, don't remember), who had immolated his girlfriend, who died, and before he even had a trial was seen let out on some sort of prisoner social integration program to attend Kirchner rallies, over-extended the allowed stay (overnight and away from where he was supposed to be). He wasn't the only one who had such privileges, just the highest profile.

I know people get arrested and put in jail, but an awful lot of them seem to not make it into the system.

That just made me laugh...law enforcement in Arg is kind of a funny thing.....

In Argentina, you'd be surprised how much police are actually "involved" in robberies....it would boggle the mind. My friends that were robbed violently twice in 2 weeks....those were police from the local "comisaria" involved. Everyone here knows that alot of the police are crooked. I read a report recently talking about how they are investigating some very high figures in the police force of Buenos Aires province who are involved in the drug trafficking themselves...even aiding the cartels in exchange for money. Something about a violent cartel from Rosario making inroads and expanding into this province...

They ( chorros y ratas ) get arrested, a slap on the wrist, and then their out and home in time for dinner LOL....I'm being funny but it's not far from the truth. If they don't have priors especially ( or if they do have priors and they pay out on a quick "coime" they are out in less than 48 hours. It's like a revolving door...hardly any of these guys they arrest do any real hard time LOL. Also the "chorros" are increasingly recruiting young kids and teaching them the "ropes" because they know their underage and it's a very high unlikelyhood that if arrested, they'll do any time. Here in Argentina....the bad guys seem to be getting the upper hand more and more all the time here.

"Casas por Carceles" - have you guys heard about this garbage LOL. Ask me if I can get a loan here to buy a home LOL..what a stinking crock.....

http://www.spb.gba.g...as-por-carceles

I only see the crime problem continuing to get worse...to be quite honest..I'm very concerned about it as it's gotten bad here as of late. La falopa is just too easy and appealing these days to the young, desperate and addicted. There are some new drug cartels rising here in Argentina according to some new reports. They just murdered another "taxista" her recently like the 4th this year alone. Home invasions, muggings car jackings are a daily occurance all around my home. You have to really watch your "butt" these days around here. I am much more vigilant than I used to be when I first got here. Even after dropping $10,000 pesos in some "rejas" and a new alarm I still don't feel completely safe. If you live in Argentina and have a first or 2nd ( even 3rd in some cases ) floor home with windows/doors, you better have a good alarm system and some "rejas" or it's just a matter of time. Also, watch your back when your entering or leaving your home.....that's when they like to jump you for a quick forced entry. If they force their way inside or get inside when you're home, you're in for a very "scary and unpleasant experience"

My neighbors recently approached me and my vecino about our block installing an "alarma vecinal" ( an alarm systems where all the houses on the "manzana" block are connected to one alarm system that alerts local security and goes off if one house gets broken into...all the alarms on the block go off ) due to some attemtped break ins recently.

How ironic: More and more we are the ones barring up our homes and living behind bars while the bad guys run free LOL..

The irony that is "Argentina"

I have an acquaintance who is a retired PFA detective that has told me some stories about how the police work in some areas. He has some really crazy stories. I don't think they're all the same, and the folks stationed in the "good" areas of town are of a somewhat better ilk.

When I came down here to live almost 9 years ago, I contracted with a medium-sized (at the time anyway) local company who provided software developer teams for lease. The president of the company told me stories about a family of cops who lived in their building and were suspecting (really, everyone was certain) that the family was responsible for some of the thefts that occurred in the apartments within the building - they certainly didn't do anything to help the theft problem even if they weren't guilty. As far as I know, they were never arrested or convicted of anything, but at the time the president was pretty sure of it.

Anecdotal stories, these. Personally, I've only had mostly good experiences with PFA and even the Gendarmeria. Never faced an officer who gave me real problems, never impolite or pushy, only had one that accepted a bribe to not haul my car away right there in traffic (he was fishing - and he's the only one I ever had reason to even think about offering a bribe). I had one officer who let me keep my car even with an expired driver's license (haven't driven it since! Have to fix that...), who was very nice about the whole thing. Two very nice officers that helped diffuse a situation when a nutcase cut me off while driving, bashing the front of my car in doing so (he was pissed at me, long story, but it was done on purpose), who then assaulted me after I chased him down (he didn't stop, he was dropping his kids off at school!), after which I was assaulted by his 18 year old son (nothing too serious, another long story). Then there was the time the motorcycle ran into the back of my car and the driver cut his leg real bad, and the officers that came to the scene talked the idiot out of having me arrested and both of our vehicles impounded (another long story). All in all, some decent experiences with the PFA itself.

In the relating of the story about the young kids, I wasn't complaining about the performance of the PFA, but rather the laws they have to enforce - or not, as the case may be. Some of those youngsters looked a lot older than 15. There were some definite 16 and 17 year-olds in that group, at the least. Part of the point I was making is that things are not very tough on protected groups here, kids being a definite protected group.

Our family has had plenty of problems with thieves over the years (though I've been lucky enough to still never have been robbed). Funny thing is, in the last couple of years the incidents of our family being victims of thefts has dropped down quite a bit as they realize how to protect themselves and their belongings.

But there are little incidents. Like the teen thugs that hang out in a park near the gym where my kids go. They wait in a nearby park for kids passing by - a lot of the schoolkids are going from their school building to the gym, which is some blocks away, or they're going to eat something, etc. They bully the kids, take food from them, sometimes cellphones and other personal items. And this is in a pretty good part of town, only about 15 blocks from where we live (Recoleta). Very little police presence in the area of the school even though the neighborhood is reasonably nice.

We've had some home invasions and a couple of purse snatchers within blocks of where we live (one purse snatcher right in front of our building, an elderly lady in the evening). Since then, the last month or two, we've had a constant PFA presence and the purse snatching went down, and no new home invasions, which weren't that common anyway.

How things look depend so much on where you are, and where you go, in the city, the BA province and the rest of the country.

Personally, I'm hoping things don't get too bad here in the coming year, not just because we have a lot of ties here and I don't want to see anyone doing bad anyway...but I also can't help but that my back twitches involuntarily when I think of Villa 31 with thousands of villeros, many of whom are not savory folk, just blocks and some train tracks away! If things continue the way they are, there may be incentive for the problem to come bioling out worse than it is. I'm hoping the next president will be able to take some of the incentive away by providing more opportunities and maybe things will start to go back towards where they were 6-7 years ago, which wasn't all that bad. Fewer desperate people.

As for Bajo's comment about the victims related in the original post - I hope they have nightmares about the Samurai Cordobes, for at least some time to come. A man's home is his castle, in a very personal way, in a good world the only place he can reasonably expect himself to feel at least somewhat safe. A man has a family to protect and he should do it without thinking about the consequences to follow, and those who break in and threaten or perform any harm deserve everything they get. And when I use the term "man", I'm including anyone, male or female, who has to protect themselves and/or their loved ones.

I've been on the receiving end of a couple of hairy situations where someone is threatening my life and it just ain't right. I equate the helplessness and horror that one feels when one's life is in the hands of another person as a type of rape and no one should have to feel that because some animal breaks into your house.

Long Live the Samurai Cordobes!

Unfortunately everything you've written about is all too familiar....we've been here about the same amount of time..

I just don't really see the situation improving, at least not in the short term for sure. My wife works as a "Psychopedagoga" ( did I spell that right? Anyways she works in the schools in some of the poorest neighborhoods. Some of the things that she's seeing and dealing with on a daily basis with these kids...it's horrifying to say the least. She's too the point to where she's seriously depressed and jaded by it all...she can't take much more, it's very depressing after 20 years of this kind of work. She says no matter what they do to try to help these kids, nothing works, they are being structured and formed by the violent families and neighborhoods where they live. And she says the amount of kids with "serious" mental issues and learning disabilities is increasing each year as she's seen it. I'm talking kids abandoned by their parents, ( maybe the fathers a thief or a drug addict in and out of jail etc.. ) forced to live with neighbors, forced prostitution, incest, rape, addictions, severe domestic abuse, severe handicaps, mental disabilities...then they come to school....sometimes. She told me she had a kid in her class yesterday taking his notebook in the class and aiming it at the other kids and pretending like he was shooting the other classmates. They busted a little girl who brought a loaded gun to the school the other day. They regularly have problems with kids stealing things, especially from the teachers, the school has been broken into a myriad of times...teachers have had cars stolen out front in broad daylight and the comisaria is less than a block away LOL.

One kid recently told my wife he wanted to thank her for helping him with his math stuff, told her he had a gift. Opened a napkin and handed her a "bullet that he had carved out of a piece of chalk he had found" these little gestures say alot about the type of environment they grow up in. It's not the poor kids in the interior in the villages or in the north....we've worked with those kids. They have hunger issues: need milk, toothepaste, hygiene issues, clothes, food....but all in all they're good kids, decent, humble, well raised....just dirt poor. It's the kids in the villas, in the poor neighborhoods that surround argentinas cities.....these kids are in ALOT of trouble....and so is the country here and it's future I really feel.

Yeah, when our house was broken into, the thieves that stole our notebooks and started leaving insulting and threatening comments on my Facebook account. My wife was seriously tramautized by it. We had to spend another $10,000 pesos worth of new alarm and rejas. Since then we haven't had any more problems ( thank God ) but many neighbors around us have. There's been aloty of new construction in the "barrio" as well...and that's also when you have to be very cautious. Alot of the "albañiles" and construction guys will work with chorros too. They keep tabs on the barrio where they're working, peoples comings and goings and will notify thieves about targets. When there's contruction or projects in your barrio, street repairs or strange characters that aren't from the barrio loafing around ( usually in pairs ) be vigilant.

The other issue is the "motochorros" and they are like the worst, besides the guys that try to break into your home when you're sleeping, these are the guys I'm most worried about. We're having alot of problems with these guys here. "Boqueteros" not so much, they tend to target the more wealthy and upper class since these are the thieves that use tools. It's the common "chorros" the "ratas" and the "motochorros" that we have to be careful about nowadays and I dunno but it's really upticked here the past I'd say 3 years or so. I've never seen more rejas and alarms and even electric fencing along walls and rooftops. Sometimes I feel like I already live in a prison in my "barrio" now LOL..

ericoldtime-1748143-albums-my-kentucky-family-pic122633-electrico.jpg

Back