Night running

New restrictions announced today

▪ DNI ended in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8), even day; and DNI ended in odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), odd day.
▪Physical activity hours are extended between 19 and 9 and controls will continue.

▪No more than 2 people.
▪Minimum distance of 2 meters.
▪The face mask is not mandatory while the activity is carried out.
▪The use of aerobic posts is restricted.
▪The transfer by car or public transport to exercise is not allowed.
▪The new implementation is from Friday 19, 7pm. (Today continues from 8pm to 8am)

----------------------------
I am not sure about other parts of the city, but in Palermo it seems unnecessary to limit the days one can run. Every night I have been running since the second day of allowing it, I am easily able to maintain at least 10 meters of personal space on all sides. Rosedal and bosques are definitely not crowded and there are a lot of closed roads to run on. There are also very good controls in place with announcements on direction to run, what lane to use for runners vs. walkers etc.

Expanding the hours is great news however especially since it makes running in the morning more practical!

Interesting little opinion poll.

https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...de-alberto-fernandez-y-los-de-mauricio-macri/

As a runner and someone who sees first hand what it is like I am dumbfounded by how anyone could actually think running caused an increase in COVID cases - I have infinitely more personal space and fresh air when running around the bosques of Palermo than I do at Jumbo (or even walking down the streets to Jumbo) When running most of the time I am even further away from other people than I am in my own apartment where I have neighbours some metres below me at all times.

More ironic still, neighbours below me are anti-runner. Hysterically quarantined. But it was not stopping them from bringing in a cleaner a few times a week from some humble neighbourhood in AMBA or CABA (risking both her health and liberty as she traverses via public transport not to mention their own and the health of their neighbours.) Maybe goes back to the point about education levels or basic IQ?

CTCEJ3FS6BGADHCCANOBR7UHDE.jpgE7ZZWOD3C5G6RJ3NHORCJ7MS2U.jpgTKVYOTBHY5GSRPULCMFVUZT2T4.jpg

Vitamin D and exercise are key in keeping your immune system healthy for the fight against COVID. Outdoor transmission is a lot less common as well.

It seems that some in the media and government don't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Vitamin D and exercise are key in keeping your immune system healthy for the fight against COVID. Outdoor transmission is a lot less common as well.

It seems that some in the media and government don't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Outdoor exercise was allowed in France and New Zealand all throughout their lockdowns. Both countries are now "back to normal". Not one documented case of someone contracting the virus during open air exercise.

Back