No Crime Rate Increase in BA

cbonanni said:
This is the same woman who said 2 weeks ago that break in robberies were up because more people have more cash in their homes. Not the brightest bulb on the porch.

True....!! when I expressed my concern over insecurity in Recoleta to an Argentine K acquaintance, he retorted " Is your fault for living in an area full of rich people":eek:

I don't have much to add other than the fact that my fiance just got mugged on the subte this past Monday, has had a gun held to her head on two occasions, and no longer wears jewelry because of the fear of being mugged. I've had an attempted mugging on the subte a couple months ago, but have been rather unscathed. When I lived at the corner of Juan B. Justo and Soler the cars parked off of Soler consistently were broken into and they would just rip out the windows, it was actually quite amazing. In a 50yd strip of road, they would just go right down the line of cars, rip out 4-5 windows, and steal whatever they could.

The point I'm trying to make is that the crime posts on this forum are not blown out of proportion, rather they are real and happening every day. Be careful out there guys...

Back