No-frills Strategy for Obtaining Residence

PhilipDT said:
Goshinki,

I honestly think that you're writing it off too easily. Most of the responses here were harsh because of your over the top zeal which irked long term expats who have had to deal with the relatively minor problems of life in the city. A select few were written by posters who themselves are members of the very global elite which is threatening the USA and took personal affront to what you had written. The truth is, outside of buenos aires, the fertile earth of Argentina is very welcoming and centuries of immigrants have arrived with nothing but the shirts on their backs and made a life here. Don't let the crusty bourgeois here get you down, you are young and can do anything.

I, for one, would surely be an avid follower of your blog if you did decide to move to cordoba and live humbly but freely off the land.

Okay, that's reasonable, certainly my aim isn't to "irk" anyone. You can definitely count on a blog, probably even a book eventually, the first chapter of which will contain what is going on in my life now, at this moment. I wish I could say "I hope I"m wrong about all this police-state stuff" but it's already happening.

At any rate, this thread should provide really good information for someone in my position should they read it in the future.

In all reality...

Just get some cash in the bank I would say at least 5K and learn spanish for real. While employment can be difficult here if you have english and spanish it should not be difficult to hook up with work. Especially if you have a North American work ethic and produce like a North American in which case you will be a valueable employee.

I am not putting Argentines down, I love Argentina and my Argentine friends. However, the culture here in general, has a very relaxed disorganized approach to work. I know buiness owners here and they are constantly fustrated by their current employess and always looking for good employees.

As for all the legal residency stuff you can take care of that while you are here.

Most of all, just relax.. the Alex Jones stuff is not going to go down like they have laid it out. These guys have to make it defcon 5 to keep themselves in the limelight and making the big bucks.

You need to realize that the rich and super rich need functioning enconomies to keep getting rich. They need functioning economies to keep building weapons and having their wars.. the list goes on an on. Also they already have pretty much complete control of the system thru money etc etc.. If they did not have control they would not have been bailed out a few years ago. So think critically and filter the Alex Jones noise out by looking at the reality around you.

tomdesigns said:
You need to realize that the rich and super rich need functioning enconomies to keep getting rich. They need functioning economies to keep building weapons and having their wars.. the list goes on an on. Also they already have pretty much complete control of the system thru money etc etc.. If they did not have control they would not have been bailed out a few years ago. So think critically and filter the Alex Jones noise out by looking at the reality around you.

Yes, that seems reasonable. Contrary to what some people may believe, I really enjoy hearing good logic that pokes holes in the "conspiracy theory" for lack of a better term, because I WANT to go back to feeling safe again.

Realistically, it will probably be somewhere in between. Our rights are being violated and something at the top... just isn't right. That much is true. But I still want to get out of the country if only to better myself. :)

I can't go anywhere until I have more money, so for now I'm going to take a step back and just focus on that and my spanish.

Goshinki said:
Yes, that seems reasonable. Contrary to what some people may believe, I really enjoy hearing good logic that pokes holes in the "conspiracy theory" for lack of a better term, because I WANT to go back to feeling safe again.

Realistically, it will probably be somewhere in between. Our rights are being violated and something at the top... just isn't right. That much is true. But I still want to get out of the country if only to better myself. :)

I can't go anywhere until I have more money, so for now I'm going to take a step back and just focus on that and my spanish.

Nothing at the top has been right so far in the history of humanity. And those at the top at this time in history... are so far the greatest failures in history.

Those at the top have had the greatest opportunity to manage humity effectively and leverage change.. they have utterly failed. Including Mr Jones who I am sure is watching his bank account this very day. Is scaring hell out of people presenting a solution? Is using the rich to promote fear and misguided conspiracies a solution?

The ones at the top are even greater failures than homless people.. homeless poeple have failed to manage their lives and have a lack of opportunity to even do so.

Those at the top have failed to manage their lives for the betterment of humanity and have had abundant resources and opportunites to do so.

Sure they look pretty and have the cool stuff and sound like they know what they are talking about.. but a 1000 years from now they will be remembered as the ulimate failures.

Back