No imported foods anymore????

vanessa said:
I have learned in my 6 years here if you see something you really like, stock up while it's available.!

Also, its amazing how much I have learned here. I just had a thought that ancho powder (a type of chili powder is dried jalapenos ground up). One could dry jalapenos and whatever other chilis you find in the oven and grind it with some cumin seeds for a homemade chili powder.!
That's well worth doing. Rather than drying them and grinding them, I have been splitting the chillies, drying them lightly and then preserving them in salt. It works for peppers too and when sliced and diced, the salted peppers have an ideal flavour and consistency for adding to home made empanadas etc.

vanessa said:
I have learned in my 6 years here if you see something you really like, stock up while it's available.

Also, its amazing how much I have learned here. I just had a thought that ancho powder (a type of chili powder is dried jalapenos ground up). One could dry jalapenos and whatever other chilis you find in the oven and grind it with some cumin seeds for a homemade chili powder.

I just bought a small Planter's peanut butter in Jumbo in Palermo last week btw.

I'm so down with Vanessa's A.D.D.

I'm like so right there with you. [thumbs up]

Still lots of Heinz ketchup around, but it won't be much of a substitute for peanut butter.:p

Dame Mani's label says (I am reading it) that it is "industria Argentina" and that is is "elaborado y envasado para Alimentos del Mani S.R.L., some place in Buenos Aires." Argentina actually produced 0.58 million metric tons of peanuts in 2008/2009. Please tell me we are not losing our peanut butter!! Thanks. I really, really hope not.

Cheng said:
Dame Mani's label says (I am reading it) that it is "industria Argentina" and that is is "elaborado y envasado para Alimentos del Mani S.R.L., some place in Buenos Aires." Argentina actually produced 0.58 million metric tons of peanuts in 2008/2009. Please tell me we are not losing our peanut butter!! Thanks. I really, really hope not.

Perhaps they'll be required to change the name to-

Dame Maní Che!

Vanessa - right idea wrong pepper ! If you are looking for ancho flavor you need Poblano peppers ,dark green large tough skinned peppers the size of a bell pepper .

Chipotle is a smoked jalapeño chile . I am not sure what flavour you would get if you milled the green jalapeño.

Cheng : If they do everything in Argentina but import the peanuts it falls under that law . The whole product must be produced in Argentina.

Quit complaining this is just an example of social justice in action, don't you feel better already. If you don't like it you will be subject to revolutionary justice which is a bit more severe and I promise you won't like it.

gouchobob said:
Quit complaining this is just an example of social justice in action, don't you feel better already. If you don't like it you will be subject to revolutionary justice which is a bit more severe and I promise you won't like it.

Bob, Are you trying to be funny?

Next time give us a little tounge at the end of your post so we'll know for sure.:p

Back