Restrictions on imported foods and human rights

CarverFan

Registered
As a British jew, marmite and matzo are part of my culture. Surely preventing imports of foods pertaining to different cultures goes against human rights. Isn't there an Argentine ley that could be cited against this type of racially-directed ban?
As a side-note, how come the Chinese are still importing??

the restriction is not related to discrimination even it might affect some minorities.
The restriction is related to avoid a negative cash flow.
If moreno authorize the item, it can be imported. I guess that china is our best client and that s why they can import goods. Normal.
Regards

There would be an outcry in US or UK if ethnic foods were prohibited, even if it was due to tightening of import regulations. The outcome is the same, depriving immigrants rightful access to part of their culture and heritage.

CarverFan said:
As a British jew, marmite and matzo are part of my culture. Surely preventing imports of foods pertaining to different cultures goes against human rights. Isn't there an Argentine ley that could be cited against this type of racially-directed ban?

Is Judiasm a race or a religion?

If it's a race what color do you have to be?

Is there actually a law or a decree that prohibits the importation of "Jewish" food?

Is there a biblical prohibition of the production of marmite and matzo in Argentina?

If thers isn't, why can they be made here?

CarverFan said:

Racially-DIRECTED ban? That kind of scheibe doesn't fly anymore

Call it a Protectionist law that makes life impossible but keeps Argentina an isolated (and thus "stable-ish") country, but don't mix heritage or religion with it please...

Now someone will feel compelled to explain Steve whether Judaism is a Religion or a Tribe or both! Looking forward... or maybe not

sorry folks , having GF troubles and im working out some anger

NOTHING can be imported right now.

While it bothers you that you can't get these items, there are people who cannot receive proper medical treatment for very serious conditions because of the import ban. Right now, if you have cancer or aids, the public health care will only cover you for 30 to 60 days until there is no more medicine for the treatments until more is imported. (Link to that story).

Not being able to access items from your culture may be an inconvenience, but people's life are stake with these policies.

Fabe said:
sorry folks , having GF troubles and im working out some anger

I find complaining about Argentine problems to be a great source of stress release so have at it!

Back