No More Airline Tickets With 'blue

fred mertz

Registered
I was told, last week, by an Argentine, that only Argentines can buy international airline tickets with Arg Pesos. All others must use U.S. bucks or credit cards from U.S. banks. I bought tickets, last October from a foreign airline with Pesos. (I'm in ZA, now).
Is what I was told correct?

I was told, last week, by an Argentine, that only Argentines can buy international airline tickets with Arg Pesos. All others must use U.S. bucks or credit cards from U.S. banks. I bought tickets, last October from a foreign airline with Pesos. (I'm in ZA, now).
Is what I was told correct?

Si Argentinians and legal residents .

it sounds difficult to do. will they have change in dollars to give you?.

I bought tickets to Santiago de Chile last week(Tuesday) in pesos for friends from Berlin at LAN and no problem!

wow surprising will they have to obtain boarding pass online and board with only carry-on luggage??

I somehow managed to pull it off on the Aerolineas website. First time I tried, when I put in my nationality and passport it changed the final price and added a tax. Tried it again the next day and it went through. Paid with a friend's Argentine credit card and got all my reservation details in my email. Probably would not be able to do this over the phone or in a local office.

Back