No more books or magazines

Davidglen77

Registered
So here's a new one announced today (the article is in castellano) I didn't find it in english as of yet.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1458927-restringen-el-ingreso-de-libros-y-revistas

Apparently no more easy shipments of books or magazines directly to the recipient anymore. ALL must go through customs, reason being the ink from other countries contains lead and we must protect the Argentine citizens.

This is getting really scary.......

The customs dummies will be reading all of the scientific and medical journals that pile up. That's allot of really expensive data lost in time.

Who thinks up these half assed rulings?

This really getting out of hand -so no buying books on amazon anymore? :eek:

arenat said:
You still can use Correo as always...

You sure? How strange... what's the difference? How many people order books pro courier anyway? About what amount of money are they talking?

I always by my books on amazon by standard mail.

Unfortunately, until this horrible regimen goes away, apparently all of you book lovers are either going to have to download e-books to your kindles or, find the best way to Ezeiza and of course take a day off from work to do so. Good luck.

I'm usually not one to join the univocal moblike condemnation of all and any trade policy here, aided by the yellow conservative press. However, I have to say, this is getting a little sinister even for my comfort.

as i just read something about kindle, i remembered that i wanted to ask if its even possible to sit in argentina and use the overseas amazon shops to download books (in my case german amazon shop). was thinking of getting myself a kindle but a friend told me that i might have trouble downloading the books from argentina????? appreciate your help

maiguss said:
as i just read something about kindle, i remembered that i wanted to ask if its even possible to sit in argentina and use the overseas amazon shops to download books (in my case german amazon shop). was thinking of getting myself a kindle but a friend told me that i might have trouble downloading the books from argentina????? appreciate your help

You can purchase the kindle version of a book from the amazon web site, then sync it to your Kindle reader. You can also install the Kindle reader application on ~any computer, laptop, iPad, etc. All quite easy to do.

my husband reads here with a nook. he mostly gets book from the ny public library. but he recently bought a couple of ebooks from, i don't know, B&N or amazon. works just fine here. but maybe that will be banned next, who knows...

Back