No more French fries in McDonalds

glasgowjohn

Registered
Seems like the government import restriction policy could affect McDonalds

http://www.urgente24.com/199460-las-papas-mccain-queman-cristina-alerta-en-mcdonalds-y-burger

McCain s plant in Argentina has suspended production because Brazil , in retaliation for Argentina blocking Brazilian imports, is now demanding import licenses and there are none for French fries . Brazil takes 70% of their production , so now it looks a sif they will move the plant to Brazil , if the whole mess continues.

Well done CFK and Mr Moreno !!

We can always export the potatoes to Angola.....

glasgowjohn said:
Seems like the government import restriction policy could affect McDonalds

http://www.urgente24.com/199460-las-papas-mccain-queman-cristina-alerta-en-mcdonalds-y-burger

McCain s plant in Argentina has suspended production because Brazil , in retaliation for Argentina blocking Brazilian imports, is now demanding import licenses and there are none for French fries . Brazil takes 70% of their production , so now it looks a sif they will move the plant to Brazil , if the whole mess continues.

Well done CFK and Mr Moreno !!

We can always export the potatoes to Angola.....

Where do they make the actual burgers? I remember a while back reading swift (or another Brazilian company) had closed all but 1 of their meat processing factories in Argentina and moved the work to Brazil.

If neither country are letting "food products" through their borders it could be a fun time for Maccy D's and Burger king.

YanquiGallego said:
riiiiight, because chori pan and coca is so much healthier *rolls eyes*

mmmmm i'd much rather have an alfajor and coca for breakfast......sugar!!!

Nice. Are alfajores on the CFK katering menú for the demostrators she buses in to march in the rallies which they don't even know the causes of?

YanquiGallego said:
Nice. Are alfajores on the CFK katering menú for the demostrators she buses in to march in the rallies which they don't even know the causes of?

Alfajores? damn i thought it was a choripan only deal. Count me in if we get some Alfajores!

Take this with a grain of salt. McCain´s investments in Argentina are old and enormous. They own or lease more land than anyone else. They are not packing up anytime soon. They have survived the ups and the horrific downs of this country. They also already have large production plants in Brazil.

YanquiGallego said:

Oh right - I forgot that people from the provincia are so desperate that they'll get on buses to go to rallies just for choripan or alfajores. You must be right that the dirt cheap choris in the provincia are too expensive for the people who live there so they're more than willing to be political prostitutes. I seem to have been confused by the idea that maybe there was some sort of horizontal effort at popular mass organization. Silly, silly me... I forgot that expats in Argentina know better that nacionales as to why people eligible to vote vote for CFK by an incredible margin. Thank you very much for getting me back on track, especially with so much evidence and lack of pure reactionary rhetoric. Word.

Back