No more Valium

garygrunson

Registered
My normal routine of renewing my prescriptions, I was told there was no valium in BA. Seven pharmacies later I found some generic valium in quantities of 20. They held the last 20 for me until I could get to Belgrano.

OK,Valium is not a cancer drug and I am a hoarder of drugs so I am not really in need of Valium. However when no more Roche Valium or not even generic valium are available, it is time to leave. I am leaving at the end of next month and not am moment too soon. Vete gringo.

What about a short trip to Uruguay to fill your prescription. Would they accept an Argentine one?

BednBreakfast said:
What about a short trip to Uruguay to fill your prescription. Would they accept an Argentine one?

Why should they accept and argentine prescription? It is a different country with different regulations.

@ garygrunson: Did you just ask for "Valium" (brand name) or for the actual substance "Diazepam"? I highly doubt that there is no alternative. And when it comes to psychoactives, even argentine quality seems to work fine ;-)

Valium and Diazepam were both unavailable. It seems that the distributor is out of Roche Valium and making the generic "Diazepam" in short supply. In fact I was told no one had any Diazepam in BA, but I found one farmacity person who called a few other stores and found one store in Belgrano that had some Diazapem, I went there and bought it. BTW it was a name brand "Plidan" which I have never heard of, but I do have it.

garygrunson said:
Valium and Diazepam were both unavailable. It seems that the distributor is out of Roche Valium and making the generic "Diazepam" in short supply. In fact I was told no one had any Diazepam in BA, but I found one farmacity person who called a few other stores and found one store in Belgrano that had some Diazapem, I went there and bought it. BTW it was a name brand "Plidan" which I have never heard of, but I do have it.

Wow, sad news then....you might be right with your decision to leave....

garygrunson said:
My normal routine of renewing my prescriptions, I was told there was no valium in BA. Seven pharmacies later I found some generic valium in quantities of 20. They held the last 20 for me until I could get to Belgrano.

Why not buy Valerian root at a dietica and make a tea ... stinks but works. It's the natural element of Valium.

There is a pharmacy "specialized" in those kind of pills at Santa Fe, I think its and Talcahuano. It is at the corner, just in diagonal of the famacity. Take a look there. They might not need receta.

Thereandbackagain, I've had a UK prescription filled here, so that's why I asked about Uruguay. It might be worth a try. Does someone know the answer from experience?

Same problem with Rivotril (clonazepam).
Tried the locally brewed version, but it had the opposite effect and put me really in the dumps.
My wife happened to be in Belgrano a few days later ( we live nr Olivos) and she managed to get some rivotril for me.
Suppose you just have to keep swcouring the pharmacies until you find what you need.
Bizarre situation, but we are stuck with it until Moreno gets his head out of his ass!

@B&B Uruguayan pharmacies will accept an Argentine (or other) prescription, and sometimes no prescription at all- even if you have to ask twice and explain that some treatments can't be suddenly interrupted. Yes I know from experience.

@Gringoboy In theory all clonazepam should be the same, but I know in practice Neuryl (Bago) IS the same.

After reading a well meaning lawyer recommend a "loose" pharmacy, Is anyone still in doubt as to from which circumstances "viveza criolla" comes from? at least some aspects of it.

Back