Noisy Rooftop Party - What To Do?

sergio

Registered
Some small hotel near me (heart of Recoleta) had a rooftop party last night blasting music until after 1 AM. Started around 6PM and got worse and worse! Shouting and blasting horrible "music". I am a block away and it was horrible. For those closer must have been much worse. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE? Or is this just one more case of having to tolerate selfishness because that's the way it is?

Earplugs was the only reliable solution I was ever able to find.

Some small hotel near me (heart of Recoleta) had a rooftop party last night blasting music until after 1 AM. Started around 6PM and got worse and worse! Shouting and blasting horrible "music". I am a block away and it was horrible. For those closer must have been much worse. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE? Or is this just one more case of having to tolerate selfishness because that's the way it is?

I found the only option in Argentina is , if you cant beat them , join them!

http://baexpats.org/topic/9638-dealing-with-noisy-neighbour-in-an-apartment-block/

It's typical for people to do nothing in these cases. There are laws about noise after 10pm during the week. The hotel is not exempt. Call the hotel first and speak with the manager. If that doesn't get results, call 911 so the police investigate the source, and then file a complaint. It will only get worse during warmer months.

there is nothing you can really do unless you team up with neighbors and threaten them....we had to do this on my building, I got party terrace town right next door...

lovely BA

Ha ha, it's cute that people think filing a denuncia will do anything. Your best bet, as mentioned, is to get together with your neighbors and threaten a denuncia. Maybe one of your neighbors will have enough connections to offset the coimas the hotel probably pays.

Other than that, your only other option is to pray they play music you like.

I have a friend who is an argentine lawyer, and three different clubs have opened within 100 meters of his house in Palermo, in the last ten years. He has lived there for 30. He has filed endless denuncias, calls the police multiple times in an evening. He knows the system. It doesnt have any affect. He will probably move.
Earplugs are my advice.

Luckily terraces around me are lower and so its very easy to throw things on them to end and prevent parties very fast. But few times I saw roof parties in Palermo and they are insane, never in my life I saw similar disturbance of the public order. I don't doubt I would put a fire in their building or made something crazy ... Yes, for night peace I am quite willing to kill.

Back