Non-Stop Exodus of Multinationals Leaving Argentina...!

I understand your perspective. For some the convenience is worth it, and I'm sure that's part of the reason they've been successful.

All the stores I need are within a 4 block radius of my place, and it doesn't take me any longer stopping in each store than going to a Walmart. I usually get better quality as well by going to the smaller shops. To each their own, and whatever works best for them.

I was taking issue with the Semi's statement that it was somehow selfish for not caring about the destiny of a multinational corporation.

Argentina's business on Walmart bottom line means little
Didn't mean to say that Semi. Thought you were saying it was selfish of me for not caring about Walmart. Apologies if it was taken the wrong way.

I do like the small shops out of personal preference, but I also believe it's better for the community to patronize the shops versus enriching the already mega rich.

In some cases, mom and pop businesses are obviously not possible. Anything that needs massive scale like a company that manufactures sports wear like Nike, oil companies, airlines, etc. In the cases that there are rough equivalents, like, a large foreign grocery store versus a variety of small shops then it's better that the money that was flowing into Walmart now flows into smaller shops. These shops will then need to hire more people.

YES Amazon is hiring 100,000 new Employees. for LATAM ?.. Many Many Pimes will have to hire personnel en blanco to match that..?

Correct. Lot of rich Argies I know of, are taking this step.

Yep, it is the same story everywhere they run these egalitarian experiments: The ones who can afford to escape, inevitably do. It is the weak and most vulnerable ones that remain trapped and doomed inside the "worker's paradise".

"I hear Jetsmart was also in the child trade involved" I prefer crackpots who can get the English straight.

Yep, it is the same story everywhere they run these egalitarian experiments: The ones who can afford to escape, inevitably do. It is the weak and most vulnerable ones that remain trapped and doomed inside the "worker's paradise".

I just do not get how much of Argentine politics is delusion and how much is cynical populistic propaganda.

Today Alberto said among other things: "Lo que nos hace evolucionar o crecer no es el mérito, como nos han hecho creer en los últimos años, porque el más tonto de los ricos tiene muchas más posibilidades que el más inteligente de los pobres. Y entonces no es el mérito, es darle a todos las mismas oportunidades de crecimiento y desarrollo. Mientras eso no ocurra en la Argentina no podemos estar tranquilos con nuestras conciencias",

source: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/politica/alberto-fernandez-lo-nos-hace-evolucionar-crecer-nid2451068

What does that mean? I understand something like: "Do not bother trying to earn your money, the rich will prevent you, it is all their fault, therefore let us steal from them and save you, we are such saints."

As if grabbing money from the rich makes the country prosperous and as if the rich are so stupid to let that happen.

If a big employer leaves my home country, the government tries to negotiate for the employer to stay and see if they can improve the conditions.

does this mean changing conditions for everybody or playing favorites with select businesses?
Because the latter means corruption.

Argentina's business on Walmart bottom line means little

YES Amazon is hiring 100,000 new Employees. for LATAM ?.. Many Many Pimes will have to hire personnel en blanco to match that..?
Is Amazon creating 100,000 jobs in LATAM?

Today, or maybe it was yesterday, is/was the company's Career Day. Many misunderstand this to be a job application opening day, but instead it is a role preperation day where Amazon offers tutorials to prospective employees. That said, the company currently has 33,000 positions open in the United States.

I did not hear about 100,000 for LATAM. That's interesting because I think the number of open Amazon positions in Argentina is 27.

Is Amazon creating 100,000 jobs in LATAM?

Today, or maybe it was yesterday, is/was the company's Career Day. Many misunderstand this to be a job application opening day, but instead it is a role preperation day where Amazon offers tutorials to prospective employees. That said, the company currently has 33,000 positions open in the United States.

I did not hear about 100,000 for LATAM. That's interesting because I think the number of open Amazon positions in Argentina is 27.

The post had a question mark after LATAM because the article mentioned the number without stating the locations.
Amazon has/ is hiring 175,000 new employees ? since April 2020, according to the source below

Back