Noob in BA

notsupposedto

Registered
Hey everyone! I am catching the overnight bus to BA today with the plans of staying there for about a month. I have already posted a couple questions on the forums and received great response so I figured I will quickly introduce myself.

Originally from Ukraine, I have recently lived in the US (Columbus OH, Daytona Beach FL, Cedar Rapids IA, and Kansas City KS). Any fellow Buckeyes or ERAU Eagles around by chance?

Last summer I had an opportunity to get a very cheap round-the-world ticket so I quit my job and have been on the road since September visiting Europe, Africa, South East Asia, Australia/New Zealand and, now, South America.

I have met a few people during my travels that have lived in BA at some point and everyone raved about it (looking through the forum, I understand it might not be as glorious now) so I figured I will spend a month settling down here and working on Spanish before continuing my travels into Chile, Bolivia, and Peru.

Thanks!

Dima

Welcome Dima,

Your trip sounds awesome, hope you enjoy your time here. BA is definitely a better place to travel than live / work, but if your spending a month here I think you will have an absolute ball!!

Welcome! Sounds like you must be having the time of your life. Most of the problems that you read about on here affect longer-term residents. BsAs is a fantastic place to camp for a month. As far as the "crime problem" that is discussed at length in these forums, the common sense rules that I'm sure you've used to keep you safe in your travels thus far will serve you well here, as well.

Sorry about what happened to the Buckeyes last night . . .

Back