• New Zealand

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Argentina

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Others

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
HowardinBA said:
Can you explain LITTLE Englanders???????I,m VERY interested to know exactly what you mean by that comment.......

The ones who complain they can't find pie and mash in Argentina, can't buy "News of the World" at the newsstands, and can't watch "Eastenders" on the telly. The kind of people who fly Ryanair and Easyjet and live in Essex. In short, the very antithesis to towering personalities like Cecil Rhodes, Lord Kitchener, and Lawrence of Arabia (names chosen at random from Britain's imperial era).

i did see the UK number going up - so why dont we make comparisons and forum rants about 'ITS NOT LIKE HOOOMMMMEEE'???
because we are here, because we dont want it like home

bigbadwolf said:
The ones who complain they can't find pie and mash in Argentina, can't buy "News of the World" at the newsstands, and can't watch "Eastenders" on the telly. The kind of people who fly Ryanair and Easyjet and live in Essex. In short, the very antithesis to towering personalities like Cecil Rhodes, Lord Kitchener, and Lawrence of Arabia (names chosen at random from Britain's imperial era).

excellent - even though i cringe at those people when im in spain, when im in england i laugh my arse off with them...

Spot on BBW, that is exactly what I meant. Nothing to do with being from N Wales. Actually I was born English, although I have lived for thirty five years in Wales I will always be an expat here.
Sort of a N Wales expat trying hard to become a BAexpat.
And like Howard I am suprised that the UK is in second place. BA is an awful long way from home. Perhaps the tango is a bigger draw than you could imagine.

ElQueso said:

See, if I'm going down the freeway at 130 kph, for example, and I see someone flying down the freeway at 180 kph, endangering everyone, cutting in front of me, not caring for all the world (and probably not even noticing!) who's around him, is that something that I should just shrug my shoulders about and say "oh well, where do I live?" The fact is, it makes me nervous and it creates quite a bit of stress day after day when I hve to drive....:)

Felt the same way driving on Interstate 45 in Houston, TX for almost 7 years, not to mention when I evacuated from Houston to College Station during Hurricane Rita: it took me 19.5 hours to drive 90 miles and I've seen - during that trip - the best and the worse of humankind. (not even the cops would allow people to get into small towns to use the restroom, go figure)

Have you ever drove in Chicago, cruised the I90? Nothing different from driving here.

kikedeolivos said:
Felt the same way driving on Interstate 45 in Houston, TX for almost 7 years

Oh come on, how could anyone drive fast on I45 in Houston, north or south! It's always either being worked on or it's a parking lot! :) jajaja

It`s obvious that anyone compares with what he knows, but take notice that when you compare USA with Argentina, it`s a comparison between a $47.000
per capita income country to a $14.400 one (UK $36.300, Canada $ 39.000).
A more fair comparison (according GDP per capita PPP) would be Malaysia, Chile. Lybia, Gabon or Botswana.

HowardinBA said:
how is it we have 5 Argentines on an ex-pat poll??

We`re a ripe target to sell to.

This is typical of expat forums actually..

Back