Notice to vacate premises

argeiCanuck

Registered
May 2022 I signed a 3 years rent lease contract. Now I am contemplating moving out approx 10 months before maturity.
How do I legally and correctly and systematically proceed?
- How long should the notice be ,,, 1/2/3 month?
- How to recover the landlord deposit?
- How to recover the deposit of seguro caución?
- Anything else I should look out for?

Your valuable experience much appreciated.

It says in your lease what the terms are. Mine has 3 months notice, for example. The security deposit will be at the landlord's discretion, but you have to return the apartment in the same state as you received it: paint all walls, plug all holes you made to hang your pictures, replace whatever fixtures you've changed, if any.

Here my contrato says
After 6 months I can
- give 30 days notice and pay penalty of one month. UNDERSTOOD ✓
Or
- give more than 3 month notice. Paying no penalty. UNDERSTOOD ✓
OR more than 6 months notice before contract elapse. paying no penalty. What does this mean???????

Attachments

• IMG_20240526_164719.jpg
    IMG_20240526_164719.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Forgot this clause.

It seems paying one month penalty is UNAVOIDABLE IN ALL CASES.

The New landlord has no reason to wait for me giving notice of 3 or 6 months notice to my existing landlord.

Attachments

• IMG_20240526_174506.jpg
    IMG_20240526_174506.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i am no expert, have to read alot of contracts in my business. it pretty simple. if you leave without notice you pay one months rent. if you give 3 months notice no penalty. or you give 6 months notice during the completion date no penality. mis dos centavos

give 3 months notice and be gone. deposits can always be argued on quality of existing conditions

three months gives him pleanty of time to rent the place. if he is dishonest you probably should just walk away

Back