Ny times Don Julio review

taste is always subjective. I found the faux-historical schtick kind of boring, the crowd uninteresting, and the meat, while good, not significantly better than many other places. And I find the non-meat menu to be small and uninspired, and not particularly good. I have no interest in pretending I am a rich guy in 1965, but, if I did, I would be eating a steak sandwich at La Rambla in recoleta. For parilla, these days I prefer La Carniceria, which has just as good steaks, but better everything else, or I like Corte Comedor, more informal but great, I like the classic old style of places like 1880 in San Telmo, I like the big Kilo sized steak at Proper, again with much better other dishes, or, I like simple old school neighborhood places.
There are so many choices for good meat in BA.
thx for your recos!

Maybe worth the hype. Bife de chorizo $1050, fries $220 Sparkling water $200 , Flan $300.
Total With tip $1947 or the equivalent of US$35. Prices from the menu today.

Maybe worth the hype. Bife de chorizo $1050, fries $220 Sparkling water $200 , Flan $300.
Total With tip $1947 or the equivalent of US$35. Prices from the menu today.
Wow! That's expensive. I could not imagine paying that much for a dinner here. There are so many neighborhood parrillas as good as or better. I would rather support a small restaurant in my own barrio.

The best steak in Buenos Aires is imho at Nuestro Secreto in the Four seasons hotel . The pasture fed organic steak ia the most tender I have tried in Buenos Aires and the cost is reasonable at 20 dollars approximately all up .

Back