NYC Bagels

Ive been here almost 5 years. ive been around!!! i havent found any bagels that were really bagels. they are very easy to make, so i dont know why they dont have them! that part i cant explain, but when i did "find" bagels, they really werent bagels. There is also a large jewish community here, but again, i havent found them. martinez had a place apparently (its super rich) but when i went there, the location was a clothing store.
I think the stuff in the bakeries, other than bread, really sucks. theres nothing in them im interested in at all, and each one in town has the same stuff. low quality requiring low baking skills.
theres a woman in san telmo who has a little shop with stuff she makes at home. some muffins and home made bread that can be good. not exactly a bakery but nice to have. Its called Harlem. look for the big-lipped very black face in the window.
Baking I guess isn't that hard. i could make most, if not all, of the stuff i miss or want. But i never really learned how to and i can barely make pancakes. People used to make their own doughnuts at home a few generations ago and bread too. guess weve forgotten how to do all of that.
If you can bake, the good news is they have all of the ingredients here for things.
[/quote]
I`ve been in USA for 4 years now and The bread here sucks,everything is artificial,the juices,you guys need to add some extra flavor to the water,you like everything tasting as cinnamon,even a gum GUACALA!!!!!,the meat is frozen,nothing fresh,pizzas suck too ,the flour is not good...you get an original drink and later on you add other flavors like vanilla,cinnamon (again),etc
You dont have any sense of a good and natural diet,thats why people get fat,I talk to people about it and they dont have a minimun idea about healthy,REAL healthy food that why the grow up and they are big like the chickens they eat almost everu day ,they are also eating their hormones...think about abesity in this country,the number ONE ,which is bad...in many states in USA people dont even walk...
And off course bakeries have th same stuff,they are in and from argentina NOT in USA,people wont buy bagels doughnuts,Argentina doesnt run on Donkin` Donuts just North America with its caffeine addiction.
Have you ever travel around the world? compare other countries food with "North america food" and people too,Europe?,think about and then talk.

guys, its a basic bread. do it your selves. foodtv.com is your best tool

I work for a restaurant group interested in opening American style restaurants in SA. What is there a market for in BA?

jb5 said:
I work for a restaurant group interested in opening American style restaurants in SA. What is there a market for in BA?

McDonalds and Burger King are already here (and doing well). Donuts have been tried and failed. I love the New York Bagel Company (at least the one on Filmore in San Francisco), but I couldn't predict success (or failure) for one here. What we really need is an IHOP (at least for the expats)!

Suerte!

There are great Bagels at Bar 6 Armenia and Honduras Palermo Viejo. I love the Salmon and avocado bagel there at 29 pesos it aint cheap.

HI - my friend and I sell Bagels. I lived in the States for awhile and our recipe has been worked on for quite awhile to make them as authentic as possible :)
We usually sell them on the Saturday Palermo Fare, but also do delivery. If you`re interested, check out our blog: www.elbagelazo.blogspot.com

Kat Powa said:
HI - my friend and I sell Bagels. I lived in the States for awhile and our recipe has been worked on for quite awhile to make them as authentic as possible :)
We usually sell them on the Saturday Palermo Fare, but also do delivery. If you`re interested, check out our blog: www.elbagelazo.blogspot.com
What is the minimum order for delivery? I never saw you guys at the fair :( your combinations look very yummi :)

steveinbsas said:
McDonalds and Burger King are already here (and doing well). Donuts have been tried and failed. I love the New York Bagel Company (at least the one on Filmore in San Francisco), but I couldn't predict success (or failure) for one here. What we really need is an IHOP (at least for the expats)!

Suerte!

Give me Waffle House any day over IHOP. Yes, we need a Waffle House.

hi simone!
i found this ad in craigslist:
www.elbagelazo.blogspot.com

Or call us (llamanos cuando quieras):
15-5037-9945
15-6788-2780

2 girls that make bagels!
hope they are what you are looking for!
andy

Back