Nz Lawyer Looking For Work In Ba

what you could really do is start of business of helping expats.

eg last month i had so much problem trying to get help on my lease deed from a notary. she seemed to be playing games with me.

aa) You could study lease deed law and help owners or tenants in drafting them or studying for them and advising legal implications
bb) You could help people ( expats) prepare wills which could be authorized by their embassy and send to their home country for further authorization
cc) you could offer services for explaining contracts. eg last month, someone offered me a contract and I had to get it translated in spanish and go and seek help of a local lawyer to study it for me
dd) You could offer all kinds of legal advise to NZ people living in Arg.
ee) You could enrol yourself with NZ embassy
ff) for expats who have legal probelms here and now no more in arg.you could represent them here or coordinate for them with local lawyers

what you would need to do?
aa) hit the ground running regarding learning Spanish
bb) Buy a plethora of law books of argentina and study them
cc) attend seminars of lawyers here
dd) Make friends with lawyers here like bajo cero. Invite him over for a drink
ee) advertise in newspapers or websites about yrself
ff) hire a secretary ( local or from abroad) who is 100% bilingual to assist you.
gg) rent a office space
hh) Try to get a dni and work legally yourself!!!!!!
ii) Have enough savings for at least 2 years till you build a reputation and get regular work to pay all your bills here.

In case it helps may not be the case for NZ, but In Chile thousands were exiled to Australia during the dictadura, 40 years ago today the Aussie Consulate in Santaigo has a full fledge office to deal with Chilean pensioners, medical benefits , property claims, repatriations, etc.
Rich One, you now talkin' of Chile. I remember seeing your ad there in Santiago, selling all your house belongings last year.
You no longer have a the cloaking domicile there anymore? I thought you having your office in Chile and Argentina, but could be wrong?

Ceviche: what's missing from your list is a license to practice law in Argentina.

Ceviche: what's missing from your list is a license to practice law in Argentina.

who has suggested to practice law or get a bar license.

what has been suggested is to give legal advice indirectly in various ways as suggested above.

When everyone is teaching english here without a dni...why the hell cant the poor lawyer do this much.

Because there are 50.000 licensed lawyers in this city who are experience in the local law and Courts seems a good reason?

But idea is to use your legal background in a foreign country without having to do the whole degree again.

To give legal advice without having to get a bar license .

To be a English speaker and assist newly arrived expats in various matters.

Ceviche: you have no idea what you're talking about and you're not helping. Just stop.

I know exactly what i am talking about. whats your problem? No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Its just a opinion/ a possibility. this is just food for thought. the person concerned has to enact his/her due diligence and make choices which are legal and at same time allow him/her to earn a living here.

I know exactly what it means to be a lawyer in a specefic country and knowing its law and being familiar with its courts/judges and having a license to practice. No rocket science - that!

What I have suggested this person is to be intermediatory between a client and local lawyer...after getting a DNI and license to work.

So I am not stopping. You can complain as much as you like.

For example, its well know that a famous immigration lawyer in BA, got most of initial Chinese clients through a Local chinese guy who acted as a intermediatory/partner.

So this person can be a intermediatory with local lawyers.but of course would need to have a good network and be very fluent with languages. Nothing is impossible.

Back