Nz Lawyer Looking For Work In Ba

If the OP is really interested in staying in AR, a M.A. in translation would probably be a lucrative career. It would require becoming fluent in Spanish, but the translation M.A. at UBA is part of the Facultad de Derecho (Law School).

I have seen lawyers traveling to a foreign country, to represent their client from home country. Of course, they dont go and practice law in a foreign country court but they do liaison with a local lawyer to protect the interests of his/her client, who may be accompanying them or not.

Sure, I was just saying that may be a good career option for someone who already has a law degree and wants to stay in Argentina.

Anna-Belz,
If you're a member of the Bar in NZ, contact its parallel in Arg for information. Settle for nothing less than that.

NZ is a common-law jurisdiction based in English law . Arg is a civil law country like Spain and France whose systems derive from Roman law. You'd need to academically requalify in a wholly different kind of legal system with different doctrines and principles if you want to become an Argentine lawyer.

Ceviche,
You've been frighteningly misguiding readers on what a member of a Bar in country 'A' is permitted or not to do in countries 'B' to 'Z'. Everything you've been saying is wrong and if followed would risk uninformed people getting themselves in deep criminal trouble not just in Arg but in any country in which they're not registered to practise.

And NO, even if Annie-Betz is a member of an NZ Bar, she cannot advise NZ expats in Arg on either NZ law OR Arg law. She'd need formal permission from a Bar in Arg to become entitled to do that.

I hope that your clicking 'like' on my previous post shows that you will stop misguiding readers. The last thing a forum needs is somebody confusing 'opinion' with seriously wrong 'advice' just because he's talking about how he wishes that something worked differently.
-------------------
Frankly, I don't know a lawyer anywhere who doesn't know about the common-law/civil law divide, and having to register in a jurisdiction where she'd like to practise. If she wants to change career, what are her transferable skills and to which industry? Why would somebody ask a non-law based forum to tell her things that a lawyer would know?

I'm wary. I've seen people knowledgeable in their particular profession ask somebody less knowledgeable a question because they're looking for support to do something that they already know is illegal. They rely on non-specialized forum posters wanting to help others to support their goal. Additionally, she'd said she'd worked "as" a lawyer. What is that? A person either is or isn't one.

Ceviche,
You've been frighteningly misguiding readers on what a member of a Bar in country 'A' is permitted or not to do in countries 'B' to 'Z'.

Sockhopper, hold your horses for a second.

First things first..This is just a expat foro.

any advice given here by anyone is just :-

aa) Either based on real life experiences

OR

bb) just picking on each other brains...or typical brain storming sessions

No one here takes any responsibility of anything OR anyone. What one says here NEED NOT be followed like a "T" by another person.

Any one reading here, even lurkers should do their due diligence in following anything written here. No one is forcing anyone to follow anyone and no one is getting any pleasure from guiding anyone incorrectly.

Not everyone is lucky to get work here on arrival or have a pension here to get a DNI or be of the age to go to school and unfortunately not qualify for a DNI. Yet..so many people want to live and work here..in the correct way of course.

and make this country their home.

My advice was solely to the NZ lawyer was to think of possibilities. Ok..maybe I was wrong but hey it was just some brainstoriming from my end. I am sure the person reading me would have also read everyone's comments too including yrs..so this NZ lawyer has everything on this thread to take due action and with due diligence...

The whole idea is to help..you do it in your own way..me in my own way. Sometimes, I could be wrong and sometimes you could be wrong but all of us are really trying the same thing..to help other readers..especially newbie readers.

Done!

Peace..(out of this thread)!!

Actually, Ceviche, I was telling you to hold your horses. :) Talking about something one doesn't know about isn't 'brainstorming'. We have a duty to each of ourselves to not put people on the wrong track. "People" includes future readers in the OP's exact position. Not misleading anybody is more important than satisfying my wish to help somebody when I lack knowledge and/or experience. At the same time, I want so much for young people to try new things and travel as I did against advice given me when I was young. People like that tend to have open minds and curiosity. Our societies need that spark. So I don't want to discourage it by saying "Don't do" something. At the same time, their dream has to come from them and have at least some content that accords with reality. The OP, instead, asked us to effectively dream along with her when she needs and deserves facts.

I disagree that she has now has a bunch of possibilities to mull over so far from her having posted here. Not all 'info' is of value. We'd need to hear from her if anything said here has helped her shape a plan. Starting to ask can itself be a beginning, a motivator to refining a desire out loud, however. We all have to start somewhere.

Actually, Ceviche, I was telling you to hold your horses.

yes, you are the BOSS...I worship you for your maturity and intellect and ask you for your forgiveness for my follies.

Forgive me, My lord!

*sarcasm*

Back