Looking For A Migration Lawyer! Need Help To Get A Residency

victoria86

Registered
My english boyfriend is looking to settle down in Buenos Aires after living here for almost 3 years. Colonia is not more an option (went there 3 times!!) and every little trip every 3 months is costing money, so is better if he try to get his residency. He has 4 properties in England and is with me, so (worse case scenario!) if rentista visa is not possible we could get married. But before choosing we would like to see a migration lawyer, Do you have any tips? recommendations?

My english boyfriend is looking to settle down in Buenos Aires after living here for almost 3 years. Colonia is not more an option (went there 3 times!!) and every little trip every 3 months is costing money, so is better if he try to get his residency. He has 4 properties in England and is with me, so (worse case scenario!) if rentista visa is not possible we could get married. But before choosing we would like to see a migration lawyer, Do you have any tips? recommendations?

I know a guy, but I wouldn't recommend him. Supposedly, he gets results, but his bedside manner is "insoportable."

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Check some of the rentista threads here (steveninbsas might do the search for you ;)). If he has passive income--it's really quite straight forward, but it will take some time...3-6 months before he'd receive the DNI.

If you are married, it's VERY fast. It will only take a few weeks to get his DNI and he won't need any proof in income--only proof of the marriage and likely a UK background check (along with a few other items). There's a chance since he's been in Argentina 3 years they won't require the UK check if he never returned to UK...just the RNR check.

Also the big difference of course....he'd get PERMANENT residency if married. Where rentista will require some hassle every year until he can "upgrade" to permanent status.

As soon as he has either type of residency he can petition citizenship via the court. I took the later track with my wife (she and I are both US-born). In our case we had a kid in Argentina (aka anchor baby...haha), then received our DNIs 3 weeks after our residency appt. And then about a year to get citizenship (if he were interested).

Good luck.

Slight correction. Being that he's been here for the last 3 years, he can already apply for citizenship regardless of his immigration status.

True. This is most definitely true. It's just much easier if one gets a residency DNI first. Particularly, if one represents oneself. If using an attorney...they'll clear the roadblocks that the court, prosecutor or clerk tries to throw at him.

True. This is most definitely true. It's just much easier if one gets a residency DNI first. Particularly, if one represents oneself. If using an attorney...they'll clear the roadblocks that the court, prosecutor or clerk tries to throw at him.

You make it sounds like a videogame.

Left to right:
  1. First time visitor
  2. Permatourist
  3. Rentista
  4. Permanent Resident
  5. Citizen

But if you know a cheat (lawyer), you can get directly to 5.

maxresdefault.jpg

Since you mentioned a cheat lawyer -

Any lawyer you personally consulted in BA, cheated you? Please share with us the details so as to enlighten us.

In English, specifically in video games, a cheat is a trick you do in order to get bonus lives / point / skip levels. E.g. http://www.cheatcc.com/

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheat - Definition no. 4

[font=Source Sans Pro']4. noun. In video games, a code (whether secret or published) or a series of movements (whether intentionally programmed or a [/font]glitch[font=Source Sans Pro'] or coded by the player) input by the player in order to achieve one or more of the following: [/font]

[font=Source Sans Pro']a. enhance one's abilities in game play such as unlimited ammunition, enhanced or normally unavailable weapons, or [/font]God Mode[font=Source Sans Pro']; [/font]

[font=Source Sans Pro']b. unlock hidden [/font]easter eggs

[font=Source Sans Pro']c. unlock otherwise unavailable levels of play (see the [/font]Mario[font=Source Sans Pro'] series of games) [/font]

[font=Source Sans Pro']d. (when coded by the player) to gain an unfair advantage in multiplayer competition[/font]

Therefore it was used as an allegory.

allegory
play

[font=Open Sans']noun al·le·go·ry \ˈa-lə-ˌgȯr-ē\[/font]

Simple Definition of allegory: a story in which the characters and events are symbols that stand for ideas about human life or for a political or historical situation

In English, specifically in video games, a cheat is a trick you do in order to get bonus lives / point / skip levels. E.g. http://www.cheatcc.com/

http://www.urbandict...earch-action��- Definition no. 4

Therefore it was used as an allegory.

Notwithstanding, I have only basic level ability with English language, "Lawyer" was more striking than the " cheat"! So thought, better to be enlightened as to which lawyer in BA has been cheating you.

I don't know who cut out my reply, as it contained also a paragraph where I explained that I used it as an allegory.

Back