Obama as the savior

bigbadwolf

Registered
First from Alexander Cockburn:
There have plenty of articles recently, some in this site, with headlines such “Obama’s Lunge to the Right”. I find these odd. Never for one moment has Obama ever struck me as someone anchored, or even loosely moored to the left, or even displaying the slightest appetite for radical notions, aside from a few taglines tossed from the campaign bus. In economics and foreign policy he has swaddled himself with right-wing orthodoxy to a degree that trangresses on the grotesque. He released the list of his “senior working group on national security” the other day. Not since Jimmy Carter entered the White House and promptly chose Cyrus Vance as his secretary of state and Zbibniev Brzezinski as his national security adviser has there been so dreary a news release.
And from Mike Whitney:
For nearly a year now, the public has been treated to regular doses of Mr. Obama’s grandiloquent oratory and his sweeping “Follow me to Shangri-la” promises. These flourishes are usually followed by “clarifications” on the central issues which identify Obama as a center-right conservative with no intention of disrupting the status quo.
... But Obama has done nothing to earn their vote and there’s nothing to indicate that he has any interest in restoring the republic or putting and end to US adventurism. He’s just a one-term senator with zero foreign policy experience who doesn’t want to rock the boat. That’s it. He’d rather keep his position on the issues blurry and rattle off lofty-sounding platitudes than state plainly how he feels. Unfortunately, when he’s pinned down and has to give a straight answer, he quickly swerves to the right where he feels most at home.
This concerns the Obamaniacs who worry that behind the rhetorical fanfare, Barak is just an empty gourd, a well-spoken pitch man with no moral core. Could he be another Slick Willie, they wonder; another self-promoting politico as eager to sell out his working class supporters as chase a frisky intern around the Lincoln bedroom? No one knows, because no one has figured out exactly why Obama is running. Does he really want to lift the country from the muck of eight years of Bush misrule or does he just want to gad about on Air Force 1 and make pretty speeches in the Rose Garden? What really drives Obama? It’s a mystery.
Both pieces are worth reading in full.

I do not believe someone's political opinion regarding U.S. politics is really appropriate for this site. This forum is about Argentine issues and living in Buenos Aires, not someone's personal disdain for a Presidential candidate.

"rmartinbuenosaires" said:
I do not believe someone's political opinion regarding U.S. politics is really appropriate for this site. This forum is about Argentine issues and living in Buenos Aires, not someone's personal disdain for a Presidential candidate.
Look at which subforum this is posted in before making daft comments.

"rmartinbuenosaires" said:
Well guess I am mistaken. Write/Believe/Think however far your mind will take you. Have at it.
Gracias, Senhor.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece
And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.
The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

I am not much for religion.. in any form.. but sign me up, Obama sounds good to me :phttp://ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

For the sake of the rest of the world i hope Obama gets elected president.
Bush has done so much damage to the image of the US in Europe. From being the saviours of WW2 who freed us from the Nazis... to the warmongering Bush administration....
Then again, we only focus on us foreign policy

"ReemsterCARP" said:
For the sake of the rest of the world i hope Obama gets elected president.
Bush has done so much damage to the image of the US in Europe. From being the saviours of WW2 who freed us from the Nazis... to the warmongering Bush administration....
Then again, we only focus on us foreign policy
But I am sure you can give me a discription of the policies of McCain right?

Back