Obamacare: Say goodbye to Grandma and the grandkids!

Let's try and get this discussion back on track, below is the latest HEALTH CARE related email currently circulating on the internet.

"Please click the link and demand that all members of Congress and the Senate, and all of their employees get the same kind of medical coverage that they are voting for, for you. No more, no less, as it seems to be the only way to make them look at what they are doing. . .
It is simple, quick and easy. . . Just hit the link. It will take you less time than it did to read this blurb. . .
Thank you and pass it on to all that you know"

http://www.healthtransformation.net/cs/goodenoughforcongress

WHAT DO YOU THINK about the fact that (1)our representatives have their very own, great coverage, which will not change, unless we, the people force them to change, and, (2)do you think it is possible for, we, the people to change any issues regarding the healthcare bill?

Thanks, Dee, but it isn't going to happen. We are never going to have the same level of health care as those in power. We simply cannot pass the test.

Dudester said:
Now we're talkin' TRUTH !!!! America's Health Insurance Companies ARE MURDERERS. They killed a very close friend of mine by postponing Cancer treatment over and over in order to increase their profits. When it finally hits most citizens that don't get it PERSONALLY then they will feel the sting - hope every Non Thinking, Dopey American feels it STRONG and HARD !!!!

We are all just slaves and piggy banks for the US Government and the Big Business/Military Industrial Complex that controls and runs the country......

So why are you still living in the US?

Don't you want to be a real BAexpat (as opposed to an LAwannabe)?

Come on down, Dudester.

The price is right (for comprehensive health care in Argentina).

steveinbsas said:
Thanks, Dee, but it isn't going to happen. We are never going to have the same level of health care as those in power. We simply cannot pass the test.

Steve, even you could be elected to Congress in the US....fastest way to become a millionaire in America today.

Napoleon could just run on his ego..............that would far outsize his ideas.

Pericles would never be elected, much too sensible and level headed.

reeldee said:
Steve, even you could be elected to Congress in the US....fastest way to become a millionaire in America today.

Napoleon could just run on his ego..............that would far outsize his ideas.

Pericles would never be elected, much too sensible and level headed.

No, Dee, I could not be elected to anything.

I could never ask the voters to give me money (campaign contributions) or ask them to make "sacrifices" for the benefit of others.

Pericles could not be elected, either. After shaking his hand (a real knuckle cruncher), few would be able to cast their ballot.

Wow - what an...interesting...level of discourse. Why must everyone resort to hyperbole and hysteria when discussing?

The US healthcare system is broken - no ifs, ands or buts about it. There needs to be a reform of the insurance system. Do I think there are some concerns about the proposed changes? Absolutely. Having the government as both overseer and provider causes me some alarm and I would like to see more information on the plan.

However I don't think there is cause for hysteria - OMG - OBAMA IS GOING TO KILL US ALL:rolleyes: Seriously - read the plan, verify the information out there and evaluate it on your own.

citygirl said:
Wow - what an...interesting...level of discourse. Why must everyone resort to hyperbole and hysteria when discussing?

The US healthcare system is broken - no ifs, ands or buts about it. There needs to be a reform of the insurance system. Do I think there are some concerns about the proposed changes? Absolutely. Having the government as both overseer and provider causes me some alarm and I would like to see more information on the plan.

However I don't think there is cause for hysteria - OMG - OBAMA IS GOING TO KILL US ALL:rolleyes: Seriously - read the plan, verify the information out there and evaluate it on your own.

Who is hysterical? As my grandparents and my parents are all dead and I have health care here, I must be worried about Dudester.

Read Obama's lips (since he hasn't even read "the plan" himself).

Obama is not going to (personally) kill anyone...civilian casualties in Afghanistan, notwithstanding...even though as President did he not recently say, "I am responsible?"

He is just going to "ask" your 80 year old grannie to take a pill (painkiller) rather then have the surgery to install the pacemaker.

That's why his plan will save money, if not pay for itself.

Life (if not death) is good.

Depending on your level of power (as well as income).

Speaking as a social worker I have to say that the US has a serious class system which dictates who gets what. . . and often the wealthy get what they don't need.

It is immoral for a country as rich as the US to still have 50m uninsured.

The only "system" that exists now is a fee for service bribing system where everyone pretends that every catheter a doctor inserts is worth 50 or 75$. The government needs to step in and impose a single payer French or European system. America can be made better and fairer if we decide it shall be, if we let the fearmongers and the ignorant get control however... who can say.

The bottom line is costs need to be control and people need to be covered. The free market has done neither. The us spends around 17% of its GDP on healthcare and doesn't surpass any developed European country on results, they spend between 7-9%. Just cut out the fat cats and make things more efficient already!

The 40 million uninsured includes about 20 million "illegals" and another 10 million who would be covered in various (existing) programs if they actually bothered to enroll.

That only leaves 10 million (at the most) who choose not to have/pay for coverage...most of whom are young and healthy.

Is that a legitimate reason to nationalize the entire system?

Fat cats don't rely on the government for health care.

Neither did I, even when I was homeless...and almost destitute.

(Though I still paid $100 a month for Blue Cross/Blue Shield...and they paid 12K for surgery when I needed it.)

Human beings deserve care, due to their innate and essential equality of being. It's barbaric how people write off illegal immigrants as undesirables and not fitting of care. Being illegal makes no one less of a person, and being American certainly makes no one more of one. I realize the difficulty of getting care to those undoc patients, but ways must be found, it is a duty tend to the needs of people in pain and suffering.

As far as low-end plans, surely you jest. They pay for nothing. That was precisely what I spent most of my time doing as a social worker.

Nationalizing the entire system might hold down some of the costs, the fee for service climate is neither delivering on service for the most amount of people nor on cost, therefore it is serving no purpose, eliminate it and impose the superior European system.

BTW, even by your math, 20 million is quite a lot of people. Moreover there is still the cost spiral, 13-17% of GDP is ridiculous, its enervating to the rest of the economy and probably crowds out investment to a certain degree.

Back