Obamacare: Say goodbye to Grandma and the grandkids!

Kushluk said:
Human beings deserve care, due to their innate and essential equality of being. It's barbaric how people write off illegal immigrants as undesirables and not fitting of care. Being illegal makes no one less of a person, and being American certainly makes no one more of one. I realize the difficulty of getting care to those undoc patients, but ways must be found, it is a duty tend to the needs of people in pain and suffering.

As far as low-end plans, surely you jest. They pay for nothing. That was precisely what I spent most of my time doing as a social worker.

Nationalizing the entire system might hold down some of the costs, the fee for service climate is neither delivering on service for the most amount of people nor on cost, therefore it is serving no purpose, eliminate it and impose the superior European system.

BTW, even by your math, 20 million is quite a lot of people. Moreover there is still the cost spiral, 13-17% of GDP is ridiculous, its enervating to the rest of the economy and probably crowds out investment to a certain degree.

You're right, we all "deserve" care, but it doesn't matter.

We're all gonna die (in spite of the numbers or your intentions).

There is no "right" to health care...

Rights apply to actions, not to things.

If and when you learn the difference, you will understand.

steveinbsas said:
You're right, we all "deserve" care, but it doesn't matter.

We're all gonna die (in spite of the numbers or your intentions).

Yeah, apparently we are all going to die on the 21st of December 2012. So it doesn't really matter.

steveinbsas said:
Might that not be considered just a wee bit racist?

OMG STEVE, I was talkin' about I.Q. numbers/level (can't vote if your coat/suit size is higher than one's I.Q.) Had NOTHING to do with race, how did you come up with that??? (I mean, it's just SO OFF, Amazingly off)

Is there irony in blasting efforts to reform healthcare in the United States while availing yourself of a government subsidized healthcare system in Argentina?

I live in Ajijic Mexico for 4months and BsAs for the remainder of the year...I was forced to leave the states five years ago, as United Health Care refused to continue my coverage due to a pre exsisting condition after I early retired. My only option was to be lumped into an Illinois state sponsored group health plan through another insurance provider that would have cost me USD950 per month with a USD5000 deductable...I thus moved out of the USA to a country with much lower medical and prescription costs.

So I fully support health care reform that will allow a choice and competiton. Those that have exsisting health care plans can remain in them...those that do not have coverage or are denied same due to pre-exsisting conditions will finally have an afforable option.

For those on the right, and lobbyists that are spending over USD1 million dollars per day representing the insurance company interests....The current scare tactics will not work. The idea that the government will deny care for seniors and put them to death...Makes me roll my eyes. I have many many friends that are constantly battling their Insurance Companies to receive even basic care and procedures. Is this fair? Is this the way we should treat those in need....Hardly......

Health care reform is finally coming to the USA.....It is about time....
Michael D.

steveinbsas said:
Don't you remember anything that was said about Bush by the Dems when he was the prez?

Yeah, sure.... and it was ALL TRUE - submit for your approval -

Stole the elections 2000 (Florida) and 2004 (Ohio)

Just cared about the "Have and have-mores" (Super rich and supersonic rich). Showing up nicely now how the USA middle/upper middle class is just disappearing - moving down into the "Poor With Cable and High Speed Class" I assume....

Started the Iraq War on a lie that he and Cheney were well aware of. Kept it going in the face of greater and greater resistance - nothing could stop the Evil Wizard from yapping the "Big LIe" once more (Cheney STILL maintains Iraq and 9/11 have something to do with each other - Terrorist group was 15 Saudi's, 1 from Egypt, 1 UAE + 2 more - where's Iraq? Hmmm)

Pissed all our money away and then did it again and again and again and again - made the rich richer...

His worldwide arrogance knew no boundaries - what an embarrassment to most of the American people !!!! (Like the drunk uncle at the BBQ that won't shut up and behave)

His horrible public speeches/press conferences proved he couldn't think straight or talk properly - was he drunk, on medication, high? Who knows - this is the guy who protected America on 9/11 from terrorism. A terror attack warned about in an August 6th PDB (Good Job Sir). Near impossible to get accurate info on these sneaky snakes.

Outed a C.I.A. Agent - Valerie Plame - then TOTALLY denied the whole thing...

THE LIST GOES ON and ON and ON.....

michal1047 said:
I live in Ajijic Mexico for 4months and BsAs for the remainder of the year...I was forced to leave the states five years ago, as United Health Care refused to continue my coverage due to a pre exsisting condition after I early retired. My only option was to be lumped into an Illinois state sponsored group health plan through another insurance provider that would have cost me USD950 per month with a USD5000 deductable...I thus moved out of the USA to a country with much lower medical and prescription costs.

So I fully support health care reform that will allow a choice and competiton. Those that have exsisting health care plans can remain in them...those that do not have coverage or are denied same due to pre-exsisting conditions will finally have an afforable option.

For those on the right, and lobbyists that are spending over USD1 million dollars per day representing the insurance company interests....The current scare tactics will not work. The idea that the government will deny care for seniors and put them to death...Makes me roll my eyes. I have many many friends that are constantly battling their Insurance Companies to receive even basic care and procedures. Is this fair? Is this the way we should treat those in need....Hardly......

Health care reform is finally coming to the USA.....It is about time....
Michael D.

Now this is just a heart breaker - Michael understands FULLY what a mess our health care system is because he's a victim of it. Imagine, having to move out of your own country or become homeless, most likely, if you stay. But see, the problem is he's up against MASSIVE GREED. When the Health Care system was turned into a for profit business it put cash in front of citizen. America goes out of it's way to be super greedy.

19 industrialized have excellent health care for their citizens - no leaving the country, no denial of care or tests, no denial due to pre exsisting conditions, in other words, CIVILIZED care by CIVILIZED people. 1 country out of the 20 can't seem to care, it let's people die (and at times get murdered) by the system - all along we are paying our taxes waiting to get SOMETHING back besides bull shit wars.

When people say they are proud of America I just don't get why, personally I find it a disgusting place full of violence, corruption, and hypocracy.... Anyway, Good luck to you Michael and I hope things are going well for you. If it was up to me the military budget would be cut in half and everybody would have French style health care, the best in the world.

PS 14 Thousand Americans lose their HC ever day, do the math Steve, what do you think is gonna happen down the road? By the way, illegal aliens?, yeah steve, BTW, what Indian tribe are you part of since you're against immigrants coming to America - only a true native American has a right to complain about immigration to America. Your family at one point didn't immigrate from Europe (or where ever)? So, what's your tribe's name?

steveinbsas said:
So why are you still living in the US?

Don't you want to be a real BAexpat (as opposed to an LAwannabe)?

Come on down, Dudester.

The price is right (for comprehensive health care in Argentina).

LA wannabe? WTF is that? You seem little boy star struck Steve. LA is just another city (and I'm STUCK here part time due to business). There's some stupid celebrities around here but that's the type of thing people like you seem to be fascinated with - I could give a flying F !!

And a just FYI thing, I live in Paris (France) part time where I have an apartment. Buenos Aires is still on the table and I might buy something in the next year or two. Really Steve, no need to worry about me and where I live, I'm much more concerned about how confused, gullible, and misinformed you are.... scares the sh*t out of me......

Back