Ocean/river Swim?

Irishche

Registered
I know the nearest beaches are a bit of a trek but is there a place where you can just jump in for a swim? Is there a law against swimming near Puerto madero or Jorge Nubery? I don't need a beach.

People swim in the river near Olivos and Vicente Lopez, even though there are signs that say no swimming, but you know, Argentina.
I wouldn't advise swimming in Puerto Madero, but you could give it a try I suppose.
We hired a private launch once, which took us up past Tigre and we swam in the cleaner river up there. It was great!

Thanks guys, ya Parque Norte looks cool and will definitely be going there to spend the day. Thanks I'll check out the place in Olivos, I have friends there but have never been.

I inadvertently go for a little dip in the river when sailing near Puerto Madero and the laser gets flipped; followed by a good long hot shower to wash off all the supposed 'crap'.
It's been pointed out to me on numerous occasions that raw sewage is let into the river although I cannot confirm or deny this, the probability is high. Several times I happened to launch from YCA there's always at least 10 condoms and a dead, bloated rat floating nearby. Swim at your own risk.

Thanks guys, ya Parque Norte looks cool and will definitely be going there to spend the day. Thanks I'll check out the place in Olivos, I have friends there but have never been.

Sure you may enjoy Parque Norte for a swim----!!
For swimming in the River wear your Crocks for glass and tin protection...""

parque-norte.jpg

I used to row every day in Puerto Madero and still occasionally have nightmares about the prospect of falling in. I can confirm everything gpop said.

I've been in the water a bunch up when I was taking windsurfing clases near peru beach and the water was not nearly as gross.

Back