Official: Néstor Kirchner pipeline is ‘45% complete,’ will be ready by June

Sloppy journalism pisses me off severely.
This is why I read La Nación, even if I don't agree with their politics or opinion pieces (there are some really bonker pieces I've seen from the opinion columnists) because it's generally well written and researched. I (personally) think of them as the NY Times of Argentina, and even for the more in depth pieces when I Google Translate them they make more sense than BA Times. (I do like to laugh at how Google Translate often mixes up pronouns though, have seen it call Milei "she" numerous times)

Many of the BATimes articles are translations of articles from the parent publication Perfil.com. This is the case for this one story
The other better written business articles are shared from native English reporting in Bloomberg that are republished thru a partnership to BAtimes.
Sloppy translation also annoys me severely.

This is why I read La Nación, even if I don't agree with their politics or opinion pieces (there are some really bonker pieces I've seen from the opinion columnists) because it's generally well written and researched. I (personally) think of them as the NY Times of Argentina, and even for the more in depth pieces when I Google Translate them they make more sense than BA Times. (I do like to laugh at how Google Translate often mixes up pronouns though, have seen it call Milei "she" numerous times)
That's because Castalleno doesn't actually use the pronoun very often, having so many verb forms that most pronouns get one of their own. Thus the pronoun is usually obvious to most actual people, just not to machine translators which are too stupid to understand context.

But you already know this, and I'm being needlessly didactic. Such are the hazards of having been a language teacher; it marks one forever.

Last edited:
Regardless of the journalism - Techint are actually a very serious organisation with the correct technical and project management expertise to deliver the pipeline on time.

Back