Ola del Frio Polar

Yesterday morning it was colder here than in Antarctica:

4 degrees in Buenos Aires, 7.5 degrees at the Marambio Antarctic station.

SaraSara said:
Yesterday morning it was colder here than in Antarctica:

4 degrees in Buenos Aires, 7.5 degrees at the Marambio Antarctic station.

Good to know im not just being a big baby!

I played tennis in Pacheco at 8pm last night with 5 layers of clothing!!!and still won!!

This is not EXTREME, guys. We have at least one of these cold waves a year and i've seen worst waves than this one.

Another ola de polar in Buenos Aires . Its currently 0.9 degrees at 9am in Buenos Aires and in most of the country below zero currently.

This has been the coldest winter for a long time..............................

perry said:
Another ola de polar in Buenos Aires . Its currently 0.9 degrees at 9am in Buenos Aires and in most of the country below zero currently.

This has been the coldest winter for a long time..............................

I rather like the cold -- relatively speaking, since it really doesn't qualify as "cold" until it goes below freezing for a while -- but I am curious about where the temperature reading comes from. I live in the city, surrounded by glass, steel, and concrete; when I checked the outside thermometer on my balcony before going out, the reading was +4.6 at 8:30. A reading so close to zero must be coming from someplace outside the concrete jungle of the city, where whatever heat there is is retained by the buildings and streets.

It's really not that cold. It's not like where under 3 feet of snow or anything. Just walk it off.

You all call this cold? Ha! I'm from Wisconsin - this is like a cool summer day for me ;)

Back