Older Folks Er,senior Citizens Health Cost In Argentina

OK, RichOne-san, _Domo arigato_ even at AR$5000.00 a month it beats my CA's Kaiser Permanente monthly bill of US$975.00

The exact cost of the Aleman Plan is $5600 Arg per month. I gave you a park ball figure

The Hospital Aleman monthly rate is about US$1000 at the official rate...!! Ihappens that the blue rate is higher NOW and its only available for those that have cash dollars...!! Even at the blue rate the Aleman medical insurance rate is About US$700 monthly today. Bear in mind the Medical Insurance Plan in Arg $ can go up 20 % ...!!

Here's a NYTimes article on the same issue. I live near the Hospital Britanico here in BA. They also have various private health plans although I don't actually use them right now.
But it's nice to know they're in the neighborhood.

http://www.nytimes.c...html?ref=health

http://www.pshb.com.ar/

Instead of spending money on private health insurance I spend $$$ on gym fee. I guess that's what you might call preventive medicine.
I swim a mile almost every week except in winter (i.e. now). Gym fees less than $ 35.00 U$D a month.

Thanks everyone for helping me out. To johnniewalker-san, Yeah the preventive medicine in such choirs activity as going to the Gym every day and do the swim laps is very good for me. But Iam not as young as you are anymore. When you are gone over the hill past the 65! then you start to worry if in the event of any unexpected malignment ocurring to oneself, then better be prepared for the _huge medical bill_ and be able to pay for it! So in choosing the affordable health care providing country is a prime priority. However, I have also selfishly select a few countries, not the cheapest...Now is down to either Chile or Argentina.? Btw, I have noticed, Argentina attracts much more foreigners in sheer number than Chile, Por Que ? Any comments from the Argie expat or gringo folks?

Well one minor thought .. a real eye opener to me .. in Chile they have a zero tolerance law so if you have a drink do not drive under any circumstances...whereas in Argentina one can drive without a problem of course one needs to maintain sobriety for sure. I had gone to Chile to visit vineyards but once there realized not so possible .. I should have stayed in Argentina to do same but my ninety days was up so I did not want a quick in and out but to do some traveling too. Chile may have some advantages politically yet from the standpoint of cultural activities Argentina is tops ... Health wise I have no data to assist you. Road wise.. I believe Chile is better in that most highways do not pass through cities but go around them making travel time shorter. One is constantly paying tolls yet you use you pay is the thought .. maybe so in Argentina too however I have only used buses. These are just observations for a short travel period of time of this year. I have traveled other times in the North of Chile and the Deep South too but by bus. Hope my thoughts might assist you.

Thanks everyone for helping me out. To johnniewalker-san, Yeah the preventive medicine in such choirs activity as going to the Gym every day and do the swim laps is very good for me. But Iam not as young as you are anymore. When you are gone over the hill past the 65! then you start to worry if in the event of any unexpected malignment ocurring to oneself, then better be prepared for the _huge medical bill_ and be able to pay for it! So in choosing the affordable health care providing country is a prime priority. However, I have also selfishly select a few countries, not the cheapest...Now is down to either Chile or Argentina.? Btw, I have noticed, Argentina attracts much more foreigners in sheer number than Chile, Por Que ? Any comments from the Argie expat or gringo folks?

Dear Ambassador.... Please open a new thread on Why Argentina Atracts more Farangi? Thanks

Estimado hybrid San , I am a young older person. As I am writing this I am recuperating from having had a neural stimulator implant three days ago. My hospital room was as nice as any hotel room I've ever stayed in. It wasn't a room actually, but a suite. The meals I was served were some of the best food I've eaten here in argentina (aside from what I cook myself). My neurosurgeon stopped by my apt. every evening to check my incisions (as he knew I lived alone.)after my discharge. This high tech medical device imported from the US costs 20K for the device alone in the US. My total expenses: 0. Just my monthly OSDE (health plan) premium of 3000 pesos (I am 62). I could never have afforded this in the US until I become Medicare eligible. Argentina has problems but it has passion, culture, and excellent and affordable health care. And it also has a number of Buddhist centers with multicultural congregants. I started a smll business here (a milonga) a year and a half ago. It didn't make me money, and I lost some, but I gained far more in friendships with people who came to my milonga from all over the world and being able to embrace in such a wonderful way as dancing tango. Come to Argentina if you don't mind an adventure. Life is always changing and even the most solid plans can be undone in a moment. Follow your heart. The rest will fall in place with a mind like yours and your sense of humor.

Hello frenchie-san, Why go to chile? I still haven't been or chosen where to permanently retire as a pensioner yet. Just doin' my research between the two countries..One Argentinean person I met here in CA, told me that the Chilean are very cold genre and reminds him of Argentinos living in Mendoza region! Go figure that out.. But still searching the best country for me to plank my rear end! But 1st, I wanted to be sure that in the event of needing the medical rescue, to be covered well and be able to afford my health insurance.

Chileans can be delightful people but, in general, they are less extroverted than Argentines. It may take longer to make friends in Chile, but they will be extremely loyal friends.

I´ve been swimming since H.S. I find it rejuvenating !. I´m not 65, but not that far behind you.
I go to the gym spring summer & fall at least once a week. Sometimes twice.
I try to swim the mile always but sometimes I have to see how crowded the pool is.
And so I sometimes settle on one kilometer !!!. Only 40 laps in a 25 meter pool.
instead of the mile which is 64 laps. Lately I´ve began to get tired (bored ?) and feel silly
going up & down the pool, but I know when I´m through I´ll feel much better than before I started the day.

I´ve been swimming since H.S. I find it rejuvenating !. I´m not 65, but not that far behind you.
I go to the gym spring summer & fall at least once a week. Sometimes twice.
I try to swim the mile always but sometimes I have to see how crowded the pool is.
And so I sometimes settle on one kilometer !!!. Only 40 laps in a 25 meter pool.
instead of the mile which is 64 laps. Lately I´ve began to get tired (bored ?) and feel silly
going up & down the pool, but I know when I´m through I´ll feel much better than before I started the day.
Hmmm, johnniewalker-san, I thought you to be around 50's ish for some unknown reason? Yeah, I go to my Gym every day see pics of my favourite place. http://www.clubsports.com/pleasanton I live in Alamo~Danville area of Nor-Cal and drive down 680 south to my Gym in Pleasanton city every day, rain or shine. Me too, do some swim laps during spring~Fall but in the winter...Not much! Brrr, mucho frio! I remember an Argentinean friend back in New York used to say in the frigid winter of east coast, Che, America is muy bonito pero hace mucho freeeeOu!

Estimado hybrid San , I am a young older person. As I am writing this I am recuperating from having had a neural stimulator implant three days ago. My hospital room was as nice as any hotel room I've ever stayed in. It wasn't a room actually, but a suite. The meals I was served were some of the best food I've eaten here in argentina (aside from what I cook myself). My neurosurgeon stopped by my apt. every evening to check my incisions (as he knew I lived alone.)after my discharge. This high tech medical device imported from the US costs 20K for the device alone in the US. My total expenses: 0. Just my monthly OSDE (health plan) premium of 3000 pesos (I am 62). I could never have afforded this in the US until I become Medicare eligible. Argentina has problems but it has passion, culture, and excellent and affordable health care. And it also has a number of Buddhist centers with multicultural congregants. I started a smll business here (a milonga) a year and a half ago. It didn't make me money, and I lost some, but I gained far more in friendships with people who came to my milonga from all over the world and being able to embrace in such a wonderful way as dancing tango. Come to Argentina if you don't mind an adventure. Life is always changing and even the most solid plans can be undone in a moment. Follow your heart. The rest will fall in place with a mind like yours and your sense of humor.
Helooo, la coqueta-san! Thank you for your relevant posting to my questionings in here. (I am 62) Hooom, you could have fooled me, in the avatar if that is you, you look as 40sh young and muy _bonita_ to boot! ODESA? you are the 2nd person mentioning this private health plan, one person saz pays only AR$1400.00 and you pay still very affordable AR$3000.00 in comparison to what I pay to kaiser Permanente plans here in CA which cost me US$975.00 ouch dollars per month! My destination place for my retirenment life has got to have _ excellent and affordable health care_ as you put it above. Thinking of Chile but there I found out that one if reached the age of 60, then you are out of any excellent "private health care plans" and does have to rely on General Hospital plans. Now the Milongas and parties sounds much fun.. Tango, Asados, Vinos, and passionate genre attracts me very much... Muchas Gracias indeed.!

Back