Olive Leaf Extract

livvynonoa

Registered
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy this stuff?

It's normally (well, for me) taken in a capsule format with a powder inside, and it's used to boost the immune system during the onset of an illness, like a cold. You can also use it daily normally though, and I really miss taking it. (I've also had a cold for about three weeks now, so i REALLY miss it.)

If anyone knows anything about buying something like Olive Leaf Extract here in BA, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks

Livvy

P.S: or, you know, anything similar that's good for the ol' immune system, mine's looking a little tired right now...

Raw garlic, blueberries, paprika, turmeric, ginger and cloves are all immune system boosters.

I always drink a couple big glasses of orange juice when I feel a cold coming on mainly because I like OJ and figure it can't hurt, i'm not convinced it really does anything.

What I do believe works is sleep, lots of sleep. My GP back in the states who probably burns through two prescription pads a day and will send you packing with more drugs than you could ever have imagined needing, always said that when it comes to colds, skip the pills and do what you need to do to get 9-10 hours a night for a couple days. When I'm able to pull it off, It works great in staving off an oncoming bug.

My best defense against colds is eating well, keeping warm, and staying away from sniffling children. :p

I load up on the vitamin C as well when I feel something coming on. There's these tablets they sell here that are effervescent Vitamin C... I've dropped it into a cup of orange juice and seems to work well.
Never heard of olive leaf extract and my mother's family are olive farmers. I wonder if you can make a tea out of the leaves.

A cold that lasts 3 weeks sounds more like allergies. I've found that sleeping with the AC/heater on gives me cold-like systems in the morning.

Back