Olympics coverage here

Glad to see both Murray and Del Potro there. :)

I've been watching mostly Directv which has some of the worst commentating I've ever heard. For half the events they have no idea what's going on and no notes to help them, plus the annoying "one of ours!" every time there's a South or Central American competitor. :p I realize it's being broadcast throughout the region, but I seriously doubt Argentines really care more about Brazil than they do about Italy.

And I could really do without the Chavez commercials. Really Directv? Nothing like a little political propaganda to go with sports. :rolleyes: I wonder when Cristina is going to make her own little jingle.

http://youtu.bhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAXURWcklbI&t=1m22s
(From 1m22s to 2:00 min. is the commercial that they air.)

At least they show events live and have several channels to choose from. I just wish there was a SAP option. ;)

The poor officiating across the board is obvious and clearly seen across the globe, largely due to American and NBC pressure. Also, the American athletes are textbook cases of crass, bad sportsmanship.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19163658

Yesterday, Canada´s womens football team was clearly robbed in the semi-finals
I am not a fan of China, but I hope they beat out those d%mn yanks on the medal tables.

Who was the genius who decided to pick London to stage the SUMMER olympic games???

You know the coverage here is so much better than in the US there is no comparison. Soap Operas get priority in the day, and the prime time coverage is on tape delay with a lot of BS that has nothing to do with the games themselves. There was a time when I was able to watch Olympics 24/7 live but seems the almighty dollar got too important to NBC. I´ve enjoyed watching many different nations perform and not being stuck with the SOS that NBC feeds to the American Public

Amargo said:
Transnistria.

I demand to see coverage and especially all medals won by Transnistria

were they the ones at the opening ceremony who arrived with their flag after Fiji had paraded to the sound of the Bee Gees and whilst i was on the on the floor splitting my sides?

Amargo said:
Who was the genius who decided to pick London to stage the SUMMER olympic games???

better to stage Winter Olympics with predictably same weather and no snow?

robwerwe said:
Is it me or are the Argentine channels doing their best to omit a lot of the British victories?

If you were in the UK what victories or competitions would they be showing? British ones?

What you expect the Argentinian channels to do?

They are damn right to show anything with Argentina competitors in it as the athletes have earned the right for the people in Argentina to watch them compete. After that the big races events like 100m, swimming etc.

I think you are just looking stir up an argument. To be fair the Argie media have been nothing but complimentary the venues, how nice london is AND how well the GB team are doing!!

And to the person who made the comment about 'dancing on war memorials'. GROW UP!

Back