OMG - are Argentine women whiners?

BAFinance said:
Frankly, I think most portenas are crazy, hysterical, and likely to try to borrow money from you.

My girlfriend of 3 years from Salta is all of the above, apart from the borrowing of money.

Actually come to think of it, ALL of my girlfriends, no matter what part of the world they are from, have been crazy and hysterical.

xibeca said:
It's a class thing. If they are middle class (or see themselves as middle class), they generally complain all the time when they perceive that they live in a country with a left wing government. This is true in all developing nations, not only Argentina.

And it also applies on all middle class expats here. Thread after thread, all they do is just complain. Makes you wonder what the hell they are doing here.

cabrera has a sister? its odd she never mentioned it to me in all the time we've spent together.

You know how talking about the weather is always an icebreaker? Well, the icebreaker here consists of discussing the news and complaining....

It´s a porteño thing - like the tango.

Prepare yourself to hear the phrase "en este pais ... " all the time.

On the other hand, and to be fair, it is quite a challenge to stay focused and look at the bright side of things if you live & work in BA. The key is just to turn the TV off and stay away from newspapers.

Back