One way tickets out

garygrunson said:
Hi,

I am trying find a ticket to US in May (Charlotte, NC). Since I am not coming back to BA anytime soon, I would like to save some money and buy a one way ticket. Of course one way tickets are usually 300 dollars more than round trip tickets.

I am carrying extra luggage too, so I was looking into non-US airlines because they offer cheaper luggage fees.

There must be some way to buy a regular priced one way ticket. Anyone have any advice or web sites?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary,

If you don't already have these, I'd recommend applying for a Continental credit card; you'll get 25,000 miles; then apply for a United credit card and you'll get another 25,000 miles. Transfer the miles from either account into the other and bingo, you have 50k miles, enough a free business class ticket home (save the ~U$D30 for the ARG/US taxes).

And yes, this works; that's how I got down here and how I'm heading home, though "slumming" it in coach. Viva Las Millas!

Check what TAM has. I got a one way ticket from MIA to BA going through SP, Brazil, for a little under USD600. The key is to check every day, because some days there are good deals and some days, no such luck. I found my deal through Vayama.
I'm from NC--another option which could save you some money is flying into Washington DC and taking the train to Charlotte instead of another connecting flight.

The cheapest round trip ticket is around 1360, with Delta, but they charge 60 for the second suitcase and 200 for third suitcase. At least LAN allows two suitcases free and the third for 120, so that figures into the price as well. I will look into TAM and let you know.

sounds like lajeclay and i got the same deal through vayama (USA to BA). The airline was TAM but when i tried to book directly through TAM instead of vayama.com it increased in price from $600 to about $1300. So definitely use travel booking websites such as vayama and orbitz and expedia instead of booking directly with the airlines, and check back every day for deals.

I am also looking for a one-way flight in about 5 months and have had no current luck. Will update if i find something though.

Back