Online Digital Supermarket Shopping in Crisis Argentina

artisans

Registered
Need a change of pace, a new horizon, something to replace that struggle to nail down cash in hand or a bank account with the inscrutable Western Union.
Well here it is, the tools to stay in, avoid contact and get food delivered by the major supermarkets using their digital online shopping websites.
Welcome to the new 'Stations of the Cross'. Online grocery shopping with delivery experiences in Argentina.

First off, Coto Online @ www.cotodigital3.com.ar After a week of server failure (overloaded by requests) finally, today this company is breaking through with a, still slow and problematic website. But with persistence, quasi-semi-functioning website with listings of their products online is accessible All in Spanish. There is a registration requirement, create a delivery address, add a credit or debit card for payment, then shopping adding products to your shopping cart, asking in the shopping cart to pay for your selections. If you make it this far, it's not over before you're advised the minimum purchase is $2,499 ARG!! Go back and buy more if under. If you have trouble there's a customer service telephone number that is constantly busy. There is an e-mail contact that you can use to ask, complain, rage. And they may fix an issue without responding or not.
I recommend, if interested, getting as much as possible accomplished as they do appear to be making progress, working the bugs out and if you're in the system you're a step ahead when they finally get it together. Note: Today after jumping through all the hoops I could not finalize the purchase and arrange delivery. After hours on the sited 'Stations of the Cross'.

First off, Coto Online @ www.cotodigital3.com.ar After a week of server failure (overloaded by requests) finally, today this company is breaking through with a, still slow and problematic website. But with persistence, quasi-semi-functioning website with listings of their products online is accessible All in Spanish. There is a registration requirement, create a delivery address, add a credit or debit card for payment, then shopping adding products to your shopping cart, asking in the shopping cart to pay for your selections. If you make it this far, it's not over before you're advised the minimum purchase is $2,499 ARG!! Go back and buy more if under. If you have trouble there's a customer service telephone number that is constantly busy. There is an e-mail contact that you can use to ask, complain, rage. And they may fix an issue without responding or not.
I recommend, if interested, getting as much as possible accomplished as they do appear to be making progress, working the bugs out and if you're in the system you're a step ahead when they finally get it together. Note: Today after jumping through all the hoops I could not finalize the purchase and arrange delivery. After hours on the sited 'Stations of the Cross'.
I feel your pain. We ordered online from Disco for pick up on our part because it was going to take a week longer than the five day wait for pickup for them to deliver. After spending quite a bit of time going through all the possible items on their website and picking out the ones we wanted, and then waiting the five days, I got to the store and found out that they had fulfilled only half our order. I took that purchase home and then set out for another store to buy the other half of the items we wanted. Coronavirus or not, I'll never use that service again, even if we return to somewhat normal times.

We started ordering online a few months ago from Coto and it's almost more of a pain in the ass than just going to the store.

I hate it. It's not any more continent and there's no way to know what they have in stock and what you'll end up with. The person on the credit card has to be there so if you work and your wife is there they will not give the order.

My neighbor went to Coto on Monday. March 23. He picked out the groceries, paid for them and had them delivered it. He was told they would arrive on Tuesday between 10:00am and 10:00pm. He waited and no delivery in sight. No answer on the customer service lines either. The order finally arrived yesterday. Apparently they failed to clarify that the delivery would be on Tuesday, March 31!

This company has a good, functional website: Rappi https://www.rappi.com.ar Their business model is to offer for purchase the products of other companies, like Carrefours, Disco, Coto etcetera. On their website you select one of the supermarkets (there are also other businesses available).
Once selected you go into the Rappi pages of products. Select, add to cart, select a delivery date, and pay. Rappi then buys the products on your behalf from Carrefour, Disco, Coto et al, picks up the order and delivers your order to you on the selected delivery date. I have placed and received one order without any problems. Never any problem getting onto their website, the website loads pages reasonably quickly. Their delivery charge was acceptable.
Exceptions:
#1 Not all of the elected supermarket's products are available through Rappi. Rappi has a wide selection but not as broad as the actual store offers.
#2 There are no discounts, as there might be for example if you were buying directly from Coto. Rappi's prices are the supermarket's standard prices.

On Saturday 4 April, Coto's Coto Digital website is becoming more responsive. I discovered this morning your browser makes a difference.
Using Safari browser, accessing my account online, I was able to get to the '5th ring of hell' Select Delivery Address before it started hanging and not responding. Eventually it did kick into the full shopping arena.
Using Google browser for the first time - signing in to my account was easy, and Google Chrome will translate the pages, so you can shop in English.
One wrinkle to shopping in English and using the Search function to locate a product - if you're searching for a word(s) in Spanish the Search function in English may not bring up a result.
There were also some problems when clicking on a product for details in getting a page.
However, overall Google Chrome works better on Coto Digital website.

This isn't groceries, but I topped up my Movistar prepaid account online.

It accepted a US credit card without issue.

Do Rappi, Coto, etc accept US credit cards?

Rappi is also offering delivery times of 1 week for supermarket shopping.
Yes, I neglected to mention it. I will receive my 2nd delivery from Rappi today, a week out from order date. Another thing to program, planning in advance.

Back