Online Ordering in BA

If people are interested in mail/package forwarding USA box has a few notable competitors: http://www.virtualpostmail.com which seems to be significantly less expensive and http://www.earthclassmail.com which has a nice service where they will deposit checks for you. I am moving to BA in about a month so I have not used either of these services. If anyone has, please let me know if you've had any luck!

cotton sheets and towels....good spicy spices....if you or your wife like to bake...baking powder...good vanilla extract...etc....hot sauce...cranberry sauce or jelly...canned pumpkin for pies....good tin foil.

For your wife...if she prefers a specific brand of tampax...all you can get here is OB tampons and pads that are basically pantie liners.

Good coffee...teas....brown sugar, it's granulated here...over the counter products you use everyday and don't want to hunt for like products. Colgate owns the toothpaste market here.

It you use vitamins stock up...VERY expensive here and selection is terrible!! If you take prescripton med's bring a 3 month supply so you have time to locate a Dr. and find what you need here.

Hope that is of help :)

**I use the US post office to ship "Express Mail International"....be sure to have it marked as "gifts" and very low value...keep the box under 10 pounds or so... It will come to your home...but you now have to pay duty...used to be duty free....

I have a mail forwarding service in the US from a place called USABox.com. Get this setup before you leave anyway - it costs me $29 a month. I have all my mail from the States forwarded there. That price includes storing your mail, displaying photos of it online and a free shipment from DHL once a month up to a certain weight/size.

Queso, is this mail sent to your home? Do you ever have to go to pick it up from the airport or pay any duties? This and the other mentioned mail services sound interesting if you can avoid the hassles of going to get it from somewhere other than home.

hannstew said:
Queso, is this mail sent to your home? Do you ever have to go to pick it up from the airport or pay any duties? This and the other mentioned mail services sound interesting if you can avoid the hassles of going to get it from somewhere other than home.

It comes directly to my home. I've only ever sent stuff to myself like letters and small items that fit easily into a DHL envelope though. I've never had problems with customs due to what I've sent, so I don't know how they would handle that, to tell the truth - whether they would make you go to the airport or pay at your door.

The truth is - USABox (and I suspect the other services) have nothing to do with the delivery in reality. They ship, they create the invoices required for customs (based on what YOU tell them is in the mail you're sending to yourself) but it's up to the individual companies that they use to deliver the packages (DHL in USABox's case) as to how they handle customs.

Back