Opening a Bank Account

tylor84

Registered
Hi, I am moving to Buenos Aires on June 19th and I plan on teaching English but have not yet found a job. I want to open a bank account in Buenos Aires when I find a job. How is this done and what documents will I need? Thanks.

tylor84 said:
Hi, I am moving to Buenos Aires on June 19th and I plan on teaching English but have not yet found a job. I want to open a bank account in Buenos Aires when I find a job. How is this done and what documents will I need? Thanks.

Firstly a letter from God countersigned by Christina. You will need to be attended by all eight grandparents, even then you may not be allowed a bank account.

In order to open a bank account, you must have a CUIL number - or the other one that they give to temporary residents (I don't remember what it is called). You can get it at ANSES.

steveinbsas said:
You can get the CDI at AFIP and in the past it was possible to open a bank account with the CDI and a passport, but lately it seems to be more difficult than ever. It helps to have "connections" with some type of business.

AFIP also issues the CUIT (most banks ask for it or can access it by computer if you have a DNI). I believe that foreigners who own property here and pay taxes can get a CUIT even if they don't have a DNI.

ANSES does issue the CUIL, but not usually (if ever) to foreigners who only have passports.

Thanks, the CDI is what I was referring to. I was going to get it before I got permanent residency and was referred to the ANSES office. I never did go though. Eventually I just got my CUIL (CUIT is for companies) from AFIP.

Back