Opening Bank account with CDI?

Some banks seem to require a CUIT or CUIL, and now I am reading about CDI. I wonder which one should be obtained in order to get a bank account?

I am a bit confused about the differences between the three. And while searching I came by this website that lists all your not-so-private information if you have ever registered with a CUIT number.

@darksider415, did you need any of these numbers to open up a Prex account?
I used my CDI, along with a copy of my passport and my precaria.

I used my CDI, along with a copy of my passport and my precaria.

Thanks, good to know! If you don't mind answering - tried to search but the government page for CDI seems to be down now - was it a simple process to obtain it?

Thanks, good to know! If you don't mind answering - tried to search but the government page for CDI seems to be down now - was it a simple process to obtain it?
It was. I went to AFIP with the form 663 completed, along with my passport and precaria and they issued it on the spot.

It was. I went to AFIP with the form 663 completed, along with my passport and precaria and they issued it on the spot.
As you mentioned in another thread, it really depends on the person and their mood!

I got an online turno for AFIP, arrived a bit early with the documents. While they were reviewing them, they wanted to see my Certificado de Domicilio, they did not like it and asked me to go to the police station and get another one addressed to "AFIP" (mine was for Migraciones) and bring them the original.

Then while I was making some extra copies they asked for, this employee went on a lunch break. So at my original appointment time, they called me over again and this time someone else helped me and I got my CDI on the spot.

- Meanwhile, they also had a disagreement with someone else there on whether the code should be issued with my precaria or passport. Afterall they didn't even check my passport or get a copy of it, which the first employee had asked for.

Just wanted to share, whether your life can be made suddenly so difficult or not really depends on your luck! :) Thanks again for the information though.

As you mentioned in another thread, it really depends on the person and their mood!

I got an online turno for AFIP, arrived a bit early with the documents. While they were reviewing them, they wanted to see my Certificado de Domicilio, they did not like it and asked me to go to the police station and get another one addressed to "AFIP" (mine was for Migraciones) and bring them the original.

Then while I was making some extra copies they asked for, this employee went on a lunch break. So at my original appointment time, they called me over again and this time someone else helped me and I got my CDI on the spot.

- Meanwhile, they also had a disagreement with someone else there on whether the code should be issued with my precaria or passport. Afterall they didn't even check my passport or get a copy of it, which the first employee had asked for.

Just wanted to share, whether your life can be made suddenly so difficult or not really depends on your luck! :) Thanks again for the information though.
They tried that one on me too, but I pushed back hard and made them get their boss.

I also had the requirements on my phone, so they couldn't go back and say they needed something different, but it also probably helps that I'm stubborn, speak Spanish and my career has mostly been compliance, so I know how to cite regulations when needed.

I know Banco Ciudad was very easy for my spouse and I both to open accounts with our CDIs at the Recoleta branch. I think it was 15 minutes for mine and about 10 for hers.
Could you tell me which branch exactly it was? Tried at 2 Ciudad branches, 1 in microcenter and they all refused to open an account without DNI.

Last edited:
Could you tell me which branch exactly it was? Tried at 2 Ciudad branches, 1 in microcenter and they all refused to open an account without DNI.

Do you have a precaria? You will need the precaria, based on the latest updates to their site.

I went to the branch at Callao and Juncal.

Back