Opportunity 2 Bedroom Furnished Apartment Recoleta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpanada

Registered
I was being sarcastic.I too think that this is not a sane offer, if this was a short term rental place, rented out on a minimum of a week or something of the sort then this would all be understandable but four months 70 sqm and 1.200 us$ no that's just a very bad deal which is hardly gonna get struck any time soon.
I was initally only being sarcastic about this being posted as "opportunity" cause this is an apartment for rent not a job, an investment or anything that one would normally call a opportunity.
 

Elpanada

Registered
"bjrutledge" said:
The apartment rental notice was posted on the forum "Apartment Rentals and Roommates." One would expect to see apartment rentals, rather than job offers, posted on this forum. Right? "Opportunity" clearly refers to "rental opportunity." So what is the problem, Elpanada?



The location is good and I think the rental price asked for this apartment reflects the current market in Recoleta. I know someone who had a few months rental of a similarly size place on Junin near Santa Fe over a year ago and paid US $1100. It is likely that the rent would be higher now, I don't know.



As some of those who are renting in San Telmo may not be aware, prices in Barrio Norte/Palermo/Recoleta have risen substantially over the last year or so. The rental market also reflects that rise.



If you don't want to rent it, fine. But don't attack someone for posting a notice about an apartment rental in the "Apartment Rentals and Roommates" forum. And please, folks --- quit turning EVERY THREAD into an opportunity to slam Argentina and Argentinians!
Rental opportunity?That's just idiotic, as if it was hard to find a place to rent in Buenos Aires, next we'll be talking about eating opportunities and mentioning names of different restaurants around town.There's no question that 1200 is in the high end of a reasonable range for short term rental apartments but 4 months is not a short term so this place is not on that market and is therefor way overpriced. "If you don't want to rent it fine but " But nothing I have no need to rent an overprized apartment in Buenos Aires and this is a bulletin board which a person chose to use to advertise something for rent on, what that person did by doing so was opening up the possibility that people not interested in renting it might comment about it and that is exactly what I am doing. I am not attacking anyone but I do think that using the word opportunity regarding an apartment for rent is idiotic and borderline dishonest and I think that it is even more so regarding this particular apartment since it is obviously overpriced.
 

nikad

Registered
"Elpanada" said:
The apartment rental notice was posted on the forum "Apartment Rentals and Roommates." One would expect to see apartment rentals, rather than job offers, posted on this forum. Right? "Opportunity" clearly refers to "rental opportunity." So what is the problem, Elpanada?



The location is good and I think the rental price asked for this apartment reflects the current market in Recoleta. I know someone who had a few months rental of a similarly size place on Junin near Santa Fe over a year ago and paid US $1100. It is likely that the rent would be higher now, I don't know.



As some of those who are renting in San Telmo may not be aware, prices in Barrio Norte/Palermo/Recoleta have risen substantially over the last year or so. The rental market also reflects that rise.



If you don't want to rent it, fine. But don't attack someone for posting a notice about an apartment rental in the "Apartment Rentals and Roommates" forum. And please, folks --- quit turning EVERY THREAD into an opportunity to slam Argentina and Argentinians!

Rental opportunity?That's just idiotic, as if it was hard to find a place to rent in Buenos Aires, next we'll be talking about eating opportunities and mentioning names of different restaurants around town.There's no question that 1200 is in the high end of a reasonable range for short term rental apartments but 4 months is not a short term so this place is not on that market and is therefor way overpriced. "If you don't want to rent it fine but " But nothing I have no need to rent an overprized apartment in Buenos Aires and this is a bulletin board which a person chose to use to advertise something for rent on, what that person did by doing so was opening up the possibility that people not interested in renting it might comment about it and that is exactly what I am doing. I am not attacking anyone but I do think that using the word opportunity regarding an apartment for rent is idiotic and borderline dishonest and I think that it is even more so regarding this particular apartment since it is obviously overpriced.
You are obviously very narrow minded so I won´t bother explaining rental prices, conditions with no garantia, etc, etc Today you can grab the newspaper and reply to each ad with a letter, explaining your point of view....
 

tanghetto

Registered
You are obviously very narrow minded so I won´t bother explaining rental prices, conditions with no garantia, etc, etc Today you can grab the newspaper and reply to each ad with a letter, explaining your point of view....

I happen to think that you are very insulting to others and just because someone not agree with you does not mean that you can attack and say bad things.
Sure that person elpanada is right your prices are expensive and you are pretending that this is market in buenos aires.
I have find many expats places for less than 600 american a month .
 

nikad

Registered
"tanghetto" said:
You are obviously very narrow minded so I won´t bother explaining rental prices, conditions with no garantia, etc, etc Today you can grab the newspaper and reply to each ad with a letter, explaining your point of view....

I happen to think that you are very insulting to others and just because someone not agree with you does not mean that you can attack and say bad things.
Sure that person elpanada is right your prices are expensive and you are pretending that this is market in buenos aires.
I have find many expats places for less than 600 american a month .
Try to read the whole thread, and tell me who was insulting ;) I know you can get a good studio or 1 br for 600. If you tell me where I can get a 2 br apt in Recoleta, furnished and with no garantia for 900 I will take it for myself.
 

tanghetto

Registered
You are very very funny as if that is normal prices. I have just rented a apartment for a english friend of 2 bedrooms in calle juncal and esmerelda near plaza san martin in retiro for 1800 pesos a month for long term.Beautiful apartment with furniture everything include except internet
Your price is not good and unbeleivable
 

nikad

Registered
"tanghetto" said:
You are very very funny as if that is normal prices. I have just rented a apartment for a english friend of 2 bedrooms in calle juncal and esmerelda near plaza san martin in retiro for 1800 pesos a month for long term.Beautiful apartment with furniture everything include except internet
Your price is not good and unbeleivable
Plaza San Martin or Retiro is not Recoleta ( who wants to live in the downtown??? )
 

tanghetto

Registered
You are very funny person This area is more beautiful than most parts of recoleta and anyone knows this is a very expensive area .
Some of the best buildings of the city are there and off course the most beautiful plaza san martin is a short walk
 

nikad

Registered
Good for you, and your point is??????? You want to bash my thread go ahead, you are not the first one.
 

bigbadwolf

Registered
"nikad" said:
Try to read the whole thread, and tell me who was insulting ;) I know you can get a good studio or 1 br for 600. If you tell me where I can get a 2 br apt in Recoleta, furnished and with no garantia for 900 I will take it for myself.
You're just the middleman (er... middleperson) so it's unfair to criticise you as you're clearly just following pricing instructions. But if you concede that one can get a decent (furnished) 1-br apartment in Recoleta for USD 600, you also have to concede that USD 1200 is pretty steep for a 2-br place, particularly when you look at the floor area (a mere 70 sq. metres).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top