Organising Wedding In Ba

erian

Registered
Hi all

Well I popped the question to my Argentinian girlfriend and thankfully she said yes! Now comes the pain in the ass part, organising the wedding.

We are going to do the 'Civil' here and the bigger party back home. Not to our surprise the prices here are outrageous! We are renting an 800 year castle, with 4 course meal, place for ceremony, wine included, flowers, the works for the same price a place here wanted to rent a room for 4 hours and include some wine and finger food! Madness.

Admittedly we have only started looking so hopefully there are better deals on the horizon. But I thought of asking here to see if anyone else has experience getting married here or organising a big party and if they knew of some nice salons/houses etc. for a party of 80 people. It can be in around BA, but not really far, maybe 1 hour drive from west BA.

Any help would be great!
Cheers

We looked into a bunch of places before going to a place out in Ezeiza. The best we found was Millon in downtown. Everything was super nice, good price and great atmosphere. The only problem was no dancing allowed (not zoned as a club).

Thanks domthegreat for the reply. We were looking for a place to have a bit of a dance so it's a pity! I will check it out though just to have a look and see what they offer!

Cheers

Had my wedding here last year, with 80 guests: http://www.laosresto.com/

Danced all night under the stars. Food was amazing, as was the organization.

If I can be of more help please ask :)

@Gorilla Monsoon Thanks a mil, it looks really nice, will get in touch with them! Cheers ; )

Hi all

Well I popped the question to my Argentinian girlfriend and thankfully she said yes! Now comes the pain in the ass part, organising the wedding.

We are going to do the 'Civil' here and the bigger party back home. Not to our surprise the prices here are outrageous! We are renting an 800 year castle, with 4 course meal, place for ceremony, wine included, flowers, the works for the same price a place here wanted to rent a room for 4 hours and include some wine and finger food! Madness.

Admittedly we have only started looking so hopefully there are better deals on the horizon. But I thought of asking here to see if anyone else has experience getting married here or organising a big party and if they knew of some nice salons/houses etc. for a party of 80 people. It can be in around BA, but not really far, maybe 1 hour drive from west BA.

Any help would be great!
Cheers

My friends at Puesto Viejo (50 mins outside BA - near Canuelas) have a magnificent club house that you can rent. They can do fully catered or organise a big asado too. Link is http://puestoviejoestancia.com.ar/meetings-and-events/

@Mano Negra Cheers I will give it a look! : )

We had a great party at my In-laws backyard for 60 people and tons of dancing, We just rented a dance floor and some livings and had the dj and caterers come out, it was fantastic! I don't know if you know anyone with a yard but if you do it's a great option.

These were our caterers and I highly recommend them, when one of their contracted waitresses stole a case of our wine he replaced it within 48 hours, no questions asked, I feel like that level of honesty (from the owner, obviously not the waitress :/) is rare here. The food was incredible.
http://www.faeventos.com.ar/home.html

@Irina We have a yard but but 80 people will be a push, but possibly we have another much bigger one so we definitely price the catering company, thanks!

Hope it works out! Backyard party doesn't equal boring or relaxed as long as your DJ is good and your guests come with their party pants on. I can recommend our DJ if you want, I'd have to ask my husband for the information as he reserved it, all my guests raved about the music. And everyone who saw our pictures who weren't there thought it was at a club not a backyard because of how much fun everyone was having. good luck!

Back